IDW Games’ Adventures Universal Game System (AUGS) is getting a Bat-themed entry…with your support. Batman: The Animated Series Adventures – Shadow of the Bat is currently running its Kickstarter campaign, and it smashed its goal with 20 days to spare.
Shadow of the Bat is based on the classic Timm/Dini cartoon, and though there have been BTAS tabletops before, they’ve never been this enormous. One to four players can play 24 unique BTAS scenarios with the villains controlled by a deck of cards and AI rules…but you can also bring in a fifth player to control the bad guys in competitive mode.
The game is played with dice that control abilities and cards that control actions, but the rules of AUGS games are made to be broken. You can create your own scenarios or rules, or play as characters the game wasn’t designed for.
Shadow of the Bat contains figures for Batman, Batgirl, Robin, Catwoman, Commissioner, Gordon, Harvey Bullock Renee Montoya, Joker, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, The Penguin, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman and Man-Bat. More characters can be obtained in expansions and upgrade packs.
A set this amazing doesn’t come cheap. It’ll take a $125 pledge to secure a copy of Batman: The Animated Series Adventures – Shadow of the Bat, and that price covers the game, all stretch goals and the Kickstarter-exclusive Alfred Pennyworth figure. But if you pick the All-In Bundle at $225, you’ll get all the planned expansions too, which means all this:
- Batman: The Animated Series Adventures – Shadow of the Bat
- Arkham Asylum expansion
- The New Bataman Adventures character pack (Kickstarter Exclusive)
- The Mask of the Phantasm story pack (Kickstarter Exclusive)
- Mystery of the Batwoman story pack (Kickstarter Exclusive)
- Villain Upgrade Pack (Kickstarter + All-in Exclusive)
- Set of all stretch goals unlocked
- Duplicant villain pack (Kickstarter + All-In Exclusive)
- Alfred Pennyworth ally mini (Kickstarter Exclusive)
Get your copy of Batman: The Animated Series Adventures – Shadow of the Bat by heading to this page. The campaign ends on March 12.