Iceberg Interactive is proud to announce that it has entered into a partnership with GamersFirst to distribute the retail version of the upcoming MMOG blockbuster, APB Reloaded, in Europe. GamersFirst is a renowned world leader in Free2Play® massively multiplayer online games, serving over 30 million gamers in 160 countries. Currently in open beta, this virtual cops and robbers-themed game has already attracted more than 700,000 online players in less than three months of testing and nearly 300,000 “Likes” on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/APBReloaded ).
There’s trouble in the city of San Paro, and players have to put an end to it – or maybe it might be more fun to make things even worse! APB Reloaded is a Free2Play massively multiplayer online third-person shooter game taking place in the modern-day fictional city of San Paro. This open-world environment challenges players to find their way through a city in a state of near anarchy. Players can take up the role of either a Criminal or Enforcer to commit or stop petty crimes and gain notoriety within their own organizations in order to control the city. Be it on foot or from the driver’s seat, APB Reloaded melds player-on-player combat within the immersive city teetering on the edge of total chaos. Powered by Epic’s Unreal 3 engine, APB Reloaded features a robust set of customization tools second to none, providing gamers the ability to create the exact look of their in-game avatar, personalized symbols, clothing, vehicles and in-game music.
“GamersFirst has been looking for a partner who can help us revolutionize retail distribution for Free2Play games in Europe. With Iceberg Interactive, we have found the perfect partner. Our pricing model for APB Reloaded actually pays a gamer to come try the game. This is unprecedented for a title which cost more than seventy million dollars to produce,“ says Rahul Sandil, Senior Vice President of Marketing at GamersFirst.
The suggested €19.99 retail version of APB Reloaded will include more than €35 worth of in-game items, including a permanent in-game high-performance vehicle, a permanent in-game weapon and 30 days of premium access that provides increased cash rewards, reputation gains and a 20 percent in-store discount. APB Reloaded will be released early in January, 2012. To get up-to-date information on GamersFirst and APB Reloaded’s Community and Fan Pages, check out the following links:
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/APBReloaded
Development Blog – http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com
Website – http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/
Twitter – @APB_Reloaded @GamersFirst
Iceberg page – www.iceberg-interactive.com
Key Game Features
- Fun and engaging online action in a highly detailed interactive city
- Revolutionary customization system – players create their own avatars, music and vehicles, and can modify them extensively
- Unique game play mechanics with each “action district” supporting two rival factions, 100 players in 25 teams, 250 cars and 1,000 NPCs
- Each game world handles 10,000 players
What the Media are Saying about APB Reloaded
- “If you can only play one free to play shooter this year, this is the one.” – MMOBOMB April 2011.
- “ I thoroughly encourage you to give APB Reloaded a shot and see for yourself why it’s been nominated for one of Ten Ton Hammer’s Best of E3 2011 awards.” -Reuben ‘Sardu’ Waters- Ten Ton Hammer June 2011.
- “If you like Grand Theft Auto and you like shooting virtual people online, there’s really no reason not to give APB: Reloaded a spin ” Adam Rosenberg – Digital Trends May 2011.
- “…GamersFirst is doing some fantastic work the core mechanics of [APB Reloaded], which means They’ll only bring APB back, but they’ll bring it back a much better game than before ! Nic van ‘t Schip, OnRPG.com March 2011.
- “Over this past weekend I sunk about 7 hours into [APB Reloaded] and I couldn’t get enough” Steve Lichtsinn Multiplaying.net June 2011.
- “ Many MMO games were on display that didn’t serve up the staple Orc vs Goblin type fair, and APB Reloaded was definitely the strongest of the bunch.” MMGN– Best MMO of E3, June 2011.
- “In reality, stealing a car is wrong but in APB [Reloaded] it feels so right.” Adam Tingle MMORPG.com May 2011.
- All Points Bulletin: Reloaded is definitely worth a try.” John Jacques- Gamerant.com June 2011
- “..this looks to be a glorious and fast-paced team action game.” Chris Jarvis –Gamespeople May 2011.