Hyper Parasite is one of the more unique games we’ve hyped up here at Popgeeks — the setting is World War III (in the 1980s), an alien parasite is creating panic in the streets, and said parasite happens to be the character you control.
The game is an overhead shooter-slash-brawler that lets you seize control of 60 different playable characters, each with their own unique weapons and abilities. As Hyper Parasite you’ll traverse across 13 levels of insanity, facing off against relentless bosses, plus several mini-bosses backing them up.
Soon you’ll get the chance to support Hyper Parasite when it launches its Kickstarter. The goal will be $29,000, earmarked to speed up completion and aid the console ports. At this point the game will come out whether the money is raised or not, but we expect some great offers and items will be made available through the campaign only.
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable Characters to Body-Snatch and utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated visual style
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- Cast+weapons includes – cops+guns, Werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- An intense and frantic co-op mode: can the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
Hyper Parasite is coming to all modern game-playing machines in 2019….Switch, PS4, PC and XBox One. You’ve got two choices: support this game, or the parasite will make you do it anyway.