Zyuden Sentai Kyouryuger, ep. 2 "Gaburincho! Snapping Combination"

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Fabulous second episode.

Great introduction of both Pink and Blue this go around. I'm okay with tacking pink on there, I completely forgot she was another Ahim (At least right now) until she started using some phrases that Ahim used. She's probably gonna be different but the rich girl thing is very much Ahim.

I'm glad some of Sanjo's plan for making blue an older man with a family has retained somewhat of his original plan. Even though he wasn't married, making him some of a surrogate father to Yuko's daughter is great. Like Kivat said, they could have drawn it out a bit longer but we'll have a bit more to deal with them I think. Sanjo is pretty good with that. (I don't know how they'll reveal that Blue is Yuko's brother. I suddenly flashed back to how Tatsuya's helmet was blown open in front of his father in Timeranger. Man that was a good way to reveal a secret identity)

Sick action, hopefully Sakamoto stays on longer than he did on Fourze. I'm really missing the live transformations instead of clips. But oh well, can't have it all.

And is that Junichi Haruta playing Green's dad?

Glad they kept some awesome suit action for the mecha battles. Somethings are still there from Go-Busters.

(I don't know how they'll reveal that Blue is Yuko's brother. I suddenly flashed back to how Tatsuya's helmet was blown open in front of his father in Timeranger. Man that was a good way to reveal a secret identity)

And is that Junichi Haruta playing Green's dad?

Blue's identity has already been revealed to Yuko's daughter in that episode. Btw, don't you feel that Kyoryublue has a little Abared feeling with his niece?
And yes, it's Junichi Haruta.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Great introduction of both Pink and Blue this go around. I'm okay with tacking pink on there, I completely forgot she was another Ahim (At least right now) until she started using some phrases that Ahim used. She's probably gonna be different but the rich girl thing is very much Ahim.

The impression I got was that acting the "perfect young lady" doesn't come naturally to her. At the start of the episode when she's with her butler, she's very aware that he is watching her, and deliberately alters her speech to sound more formal (even switching her personal pronoun halfway through.) Later, when she's decided that saving the day is more important, she's able to be herself and speak normally, and that's when she transforms in front of the butler. Ahim was comfortable with the upper-class lady role, Amy isn't.

Some kind of Beast mode
What roles were Daigo and Souji's father's in prior? Daigo's father looks so familiar, and Souji's dad just gives off that "I used to be a Sentai senshi" vibe.

What roles were Daigo and Souji's father's in prior? Daigo's father looks so familiar, and Souji's dad just gives off that "I used to be a Sentai senshi" vibe.

Souji's father was both DynaBlack and GoggleBlack

Daigo's father was Billion in Fiveman

He wasn't, he just has the same sounding name. (Shinji Yamashita. Fiveman's Shinji Yamashita has changed his name, though -- he goes by Shunsaku Kudou now.)

I don't know what Daigo's dad is from, though. I don't think anything toku-wise.

A Sentai show needs to get Billion's actor back, though. That guy's cool. I remember he had a small role in Gransazer, but that show sucked and was just a fake Sentai, so it doesn't count.

I stand corrected! Billion's actor WAS damn good though, now you're making me hope he'll show up again one day ... :(

Would like to change his avatar
For some reason I can't see Shougo's post :sly:

Sorry, I deleted it because I wanted to double-check on the guy who plays Daigo's dad to make sure he wasn't in a toku before someone could quote my post, but...I guess I was too late!

I liked this episode. Now THIS is the kind of sentai stuff I like to see. :)

I'm liking the whole concept of how family plays a huge role in keeping the classic trope of a Sentai working together as a team at bay. It somewhat feels like a very interesting spin on some of the stuff that Jetman tried to do. I like how the team still feels incomplete at the start.

I still need to see more of the Deboss, but it's nice seeing the generals actually doing their dirty work. And the whole resurrection plot thing reminds me very much of the Barban from Gingaman, and the whole "points concept per general" reminding me of the Volt doctors. I wonder what we're gonna get from Dogold in the next ep.

Still don't know much about King (I guess this is what we'll call him now), but he's still such a lovable character so far. :anime:

Wow, Nobuharu got quite the somewhat heavy story this ep. I liked what they did with him and his niece. Hmm. I wonder how he's gonna reveal himself to Yuko.

Didn't get too much with Amy, but I think lazy described Amy's character best in comparison to Ahim. How she holds no interest in talking all upper-class like. This definitely sets her character up and definitely holds the potential for some interesting stories. Makes me wonder what her family history is.

Overall, Kyoryuger is off to a nice start and is shaping up quite nicely so far. A good second ep imo. :thumbs: