Zyuden Sentai Kyouryuger, ep. 2 "Gaburincho! Snapping Combination"

Both KyoryuRed and KyoryuBlack have defeated one of those grunt giant monsters without pulling out a mech (Well technically GabuTyra was out, but Red uses him all the time anyways. Like even on normal grunts).

Doesn't mean they always need to make the monster big, though....

You know, Shinkenger always struck me as a series that would have been a lot more fun if they'd eschewed the need for mecha and giant battles for once.

Damn it, suddenly noticed how shoddy the bluescreen work is in the OP when they are on the beach running towards their dino buddies. Black's got a blue halo! Will spot that every damn week for the next year now :redface2:
--I know I should enjoy the puppetry of the Gattai or whatever it is, but it just felt a little too drawn out for my taste.
Plus, I have to say the mecha combining was over complicated and it just did nothing for me.
I think it's more that half of it seemed unneccesary. Why exactly do the other two's batteries need to be inserted into Gabutyra, if it's just going to swallow it's own again before they actually combine? I like the connecting sequences though.
Well you see, the monster became giant... So they needed their mecha to fight it. Do you see the point of the mecha yet?
Didn't stop 'em last episode. JUST RUN AT THE ZILLAS!
also his little pumpkin watering can thingy is so cute, I want one ...
You'll be able to buy one sooner or later. This is a Sentai, after all.

Some kind of Beast mode
You know, Shinkenger always struck me as a series that would have been a lot more fun if they'd eschewed the need for mecha and giant battles for once.

Thank yooou. They honestly had a hand full of forced mecha battles.

This many pages in and no one answered my question in my previous comment. Guess I should investigate elsewhere...

The samurai class are well known for their unique style of armor. To me, the giant robots in Shinkenger were more symbolic. The Shinkengers themselves were a team of samurai but never wore armor, thus their giant robots (especially Shinken-Oh) became their armor.

But then Power Rangers Samurai started giving their Rangers armor anyways and made me question if I was even remotely correct...

BLT Mode
Great episode :anime:
The action scenes and Kyouruzin was awesome
I also like The Kyoryugers Main Weapons
KyoryuBlue doing a Groin Attack on the Monster Of The Week was hilarious XD

D

Dr Kain

BTW, did anyone notice that both this week and last week OT forgot to sub the episode titles?

D

Dr Kain

Shinkenger could have been a great series had they not forced the mech battles, toned down Genta's retardedness, and actually developed the villains before episode 42.

Go-Busters really spoiled me. The stock footage (even if it is only the debut of it) already has me disappointed.

Go-Busters spoiled me too. I probably would not be praising Kyoryuger as much as I am had it not been for Busters.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Tendou Souji
Shinkenger could have been a great series had they not forced the mech battles, toned down Gai's retardedness, and actually developed the villains before episode 42.

I think you mean Genta, not Gai; Gai was in Gokaiger.

Agreed.