Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Ep.47 - "The Great Counterattack! The Greatest Final Brave"

Yo Soy Henshin!
I don't think this counts as a spoiler, since it's aired, but I'll tag it anyway ...

[HIDE]The very last shot in the preview is of the six main Kyoryugers. I think Utchy will be fine. I don't think there's any such "rule" that people believe in that it's somehow mandatory for every dinosaur Sentai to kill off the Sixth Ranger.[/HIDE]
It's not that there is a set rule, it's just going to continue the current trope of that happening if that is what happened.

I did notice the scene during the preview you mentioned. I'm hoping that means things will turn out well for him, I'm just nervous because they all look perfectly clean and undamaged, and as of now they've all taken quite a visible beating.

In Justice, We Trust!
I don't think this counts as a spoiler, since it's aired, but I'll tag it anyway ...

[HIDE]The very last shot in the preview is of the six main Kyoryugers. I think Utchy will be fine. I don't think there's any such "rule" that people believe in that it's somehow mandatory for every dinosaur Sentai to kill off the Sixth Ranger.[/HIDE]

Knowing that there's gonna be a team up movie with him in it pretty much ruined that moment anyway. :laugh:

But holy crap though…what an intense episode! I love, loved LOVED seeing utchy team up with Dogold, it brought a tear to my eye.

I'm a sucker for duel wielding, so seeing Ian and Souji in that fight scene was all kinds of awesome. Makes me wish that it happened more often in the show and I wonder why wait till now for them to do it?

I've just finished watching the episode and I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. My brain is telling me that untransformed roll calls and spotlight fights for each character should be awesome, and the Dekaranger fan in me is excited that Jasmine's actress is suiting up again. But somehow this episode felt drawn out rather than the usual breakneck pacing the show has when things get exciting, the replacement rangers didn't really seem very badass and it just doesn't sit well with me to disrupt the roster so late in the show (especially with a previously one-shot character like New Kyoryu Grey), and Ucchi dropping at the end seemed a bit out of the blue and unnecessary after they gave Dogold a really decent send-off.
What a great episode it be a sad day once the show ends.
So Saturday?
Sunday actually but even so...8(

DAIMON PAWNCH
So.. Gai (GokaiSilver) was really lucky then? :)

He could of died but the dino rangers resurrected him

though I think everyone was guessing he was going to drop dead by the end of the series

Though techincally the sixth ranger to appear was Cyan...and he died in battle...so does that count?

Lurker
I like how the villains are getting ending that fit the Wizard of Oz characters they seem to be somewhat inspired from.

We're almost done, so let's give this episode a shot! :169:

--Nossan's sister has a revolver! :O_O: How?! Wait, does this mean...?
--Yep. We know where this is going. And hey, it's the original Violet! Seeing him again is so awesome! :D
--...And Yayoi has a mcguffin. Where was she with this battery charger earlier?! :shakefist Yeah, I know, she needed time to find the Earth's true melody just like everyone else. I think I should stop complaining all together...
--I was right! There's the official hand off. Now, instead of Spirit Rangers that tire out faster and longer than the batteries, we have a full team of 10 living Kyoryugers! And a female Cyan! :dance: I knew she should be a Kyoryuger! I made a joke about her becoming Kyoryu Blue in a previous episode, and I knew the Kyoryugers would have pass down their powers to future generations, and yet I still didn't see this coming. ... Unintentional prediction win? :sweat: Also, now I am beginning to wonder just how many Kyoryugers will be gender bent before we're done. :sly:
--These are my kind of out-of-suit battles! Untransformed, but still have complete access to their powers/arsenals. Also, good use of the soundtrack! First the insert song in place of the OP, and now this! This is how you advertise all the hard work that goes into the vocal song collection for a tokusatsu series. :thumbs:
--Farewell, Utchy... Though your rivalry with Dogold was never ending, you didn't deserve to die with him.
805685991.gif
Unless, of course, it's another fake out ending. Kyoryuger really loves to do that. :rolleyes2:
--Yeah, I'm done. Again, I know it might be a fake out ending, he may even come back as a Spirit Ranger, but at face value... Utchy is gone, the preview implies that more Kyoryugers might fall, so I'm done with this. I'm not sad or anything, I'm just tired and a little glad the next episode is probably the last. I think I'm actually glad Kyoryuger is ending. Not excited about the next series, but it could still surprise me. :shrug:

Lurker
We're going for a great finale, it seems. Great episode, with the suitless role call and fights, and I got such a sense of incoming doom from all those "Go ahead, I'll stop them" moments. It really feels like they are all going down.

About Utchy: killing him off, although it would sadden me a great deal, seems wise since he's been taken away from his time and loved ones, and however much he likes his team, I don't think he'd have any regrets. Still, hope he's not going anywhere.

I might be wrong, but didn't Ulshade give up his powers to Yayoi? I find it rather disappointing that they would bring him back now and prive the current Violet from piloting Plezu-Oh. He clearly can't take it, yet they prefer to bring him back instead of letting a girl pilot on her own... This sucks.