Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Ep.47 - "The Great Counterattack! The Greatest Final Brave"

This episode was brave as heck!

Holy moly, the episodes leading into the finale were good, but didn't get me as excited as Go-Busters did, so I was doubting the finale for Kyoryuger would be very spectacular. But holy, if the last episode is like this one, then throw me a directors cut cause I will buy it ASAP.

So much content in this episode. It felt longer than a normal Sentai episode, but it's probably due to the cutting of the opening theme (cutting the theme in the second last episode, that's new). Lot's to talk about -

Initially didn't dig the idea of Yuko and Shinya becoming new Kyoryu Cyan and Grey but it wasn't bad. I liked the scene where all the spirit Rangers introduced the replacements, and we got some decent enough interaction with Nossan and his sister. Still, it was unnecessary. The new guys + Yayoi didn't do anything really, just got beat up right away. I feel like this was just fan-service and nothing more, which seems to have happened a few time during this shows run. Also, I hope Torin gets to finish off Chaos, not Dantetsu. It was good that the two Spirit Rangers were still important through the episode. Dr. Ulshade's appearance was unexpected too.

But man, the rest of the episode was out-of-suit, which was WAY TOO COOL. I love how each of the main team split up to help Daigo and Ami reach Deboth and it was a fresh take on the suitless roll-call.

Ian and Souji's tag team was AMAZING. The dual wielding, their dialogue, and the use of "Tatakae! Kyoryuger!"... Goosebumps, man.

And of course, Dogold and Utchy vs Endolf was a great way to end their rivalry. I wish they spent more time on this, because it could have been a great episode on its own. I love how Dogold became Utchy's armour, and they had that one last honorable showdown. Amazing.

Anyway, the best part of the episode was the all-red Sentai Alumni dance in the credits! HELL YEAH!

I never said it was not foreshadowed, I just think it was unnecessary to turn them into Kyoryugers especially at this point. Im OK with, I just dont think they needed to go there.

Tables around me will get flipped if Gentle did turn into a Kyoryuger in the end though.

He will be Ovirapooger

Yo Soy Henshin!
This episode was epic. I was worried this finale would feel rushed, but holy crap it's hitting all the right notes at an insanely fast pace. I can't wait for next week's episode. And Spoiler thoughts below.

[HIDE]I swear to god, if Utchy dies, I'll riot. This will make 3 for 3 for dinosaur sentais requiring the "sixth ranger" to die. At least the others made sense. Utchy really isn't a tragic character. He was walking with the others at the end of next week's preview, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this just means he passed out.[/HIDE]

This episode was epic. I was worried this finale would feel rushed, but holy crap it's hitting all the right notes at an insanely fast pace. I can't wait for next week's episode. And Spoiler thoughts below.

[HIDE]I swear to god, if Utchy dies, I'll riot. This will make 3 for 3 for dinosaur sentais requiring the "sixth ranger" to die. At least the others made sense. Utchy really isn't a tragic character. He was walking with the others at the end of next week's preview, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this just means he passed out.[/HIDE]

[HIDE] It's really any sixth with a dinosaur, Time Fire had one too and bite the dust [/HIDE]

The Wind Of Justice
What a great episode it be a sad day once the show ends.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I don't think this counts as a spoiler, since it's aired, but I'll tag it anyway ...

[HIDE]The very last shot in the preview is of the six main Kyoryugers. I think Utchy will be fine. I don't think there's any such "rule" that people believe in that it's somehow mandatory for every dinosaur Sentai to kill off the Sixth Ranger.[/HIDE]

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Sanjou is really showing his manga origin there :p very nice 'I'll hold them off, keep going!" Shonen trop there!

I don't have any problem at all with the new Grey and Cyan. It was bound to happen, Tessai and Ramires can't stay trapped as ghosts forever. They eneded them in the Darkness of the Land but they also needed help on Earth. Pulling Doctor Ulshade out of retirement was a good pick too.

I am a bit sad that Aigarron didn't show up to help in the Darkness of the Land, but then again this would mean his soul is free? I wonder why Luckyuro showed up but not Candellira...

As for Torin defeating Chaos, if we're lucky we'll see them fight in the Darkness of the Land once Dantetsu sends him there.

Can't wait for that finale!

What a great episode it be a sad day once the show ends.
So Saturday?

I don't think this counts as a spoiler, since it's aired, but I'll tag it anyway ...

[HIDE]The very last shot in the preview is of the six main Kyoryugers. I think Utchy will be fine. I don't think there's any such "rule" that people believe in that it's somehow mandatory for every dinosaur Sentai to kill off the Sixth Ranger.[/HIDE]
There's no "rule" that says every dinosaur sixth must die. It's just if he doesn't then Sanjo is a filthy ray bastard that betrayed the entire fandom.

But Torin died so I'll just count that!