Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Ep.47 - "The Great Counterattack! The Greatest Final Brave"

bv0Rlw8.jpg
Writer: Sanjo
A new Cyan and Grey are (prooly)chosen leading to the final battle! Unable to morph the core team split up to fight Deboss! UTSUEMIMARU!!!​

I'm A Djinn
Yeah, if people thought romance (or asking someone to eat parfait with you, apparently) was unnecessary, I think getting new Grey and Cyan was more so. What's next? Gentle will get the Deathryuger Jyudenchi?

It wasnt bad, but I dont know why they had to go there. Regardless, I still had fun with this episode, Im sad that this show is going but that's how it is.

Nameless roll call was cool, I wonder if that's the last for this season? If not, I wonder how theyd top that in the finale.

Looking forward to the new show too, and Im all for this upcoming season if only because they have the balls to put a girl as their Red this time. Will be tuning in with much interest.

Would like to change his avatar
Which episode is that pic from, with Ryu Ranger, Ninja Red, Oh Red, Kazuo Niibori and Red Flash in the ED credits?

Yeah, if people thought romance (or asking someone to eat parfait with you, apparently) was unnecessary, I think getting new Grey and Cyan was more so. What's next? Gentle will get the Deathryuger Jyudenchi?
Well those two were already foreshadowed to get their batteries a few episode back. Not that surprising I just didn't expect it to happen until the epilogue or something.

I'm A Djinn
I never said it was not foreshadowed, I just think it was unnecessary to turn them into Kyoryugers especially at this point. Im OK with, I just dont think they needed to go there.

Tables around me will get flipped if Gentle did turn into a Kyoryuger in the end though.

I never said it was not foreshadowed, I just think it was unnecessary to turn them into Kyoryugers especially at this point. Im OK with, I just dont think they needed to go there.

Foreshadowing aside, there's a reason they needed 10 living Kyoryugers, it was explained here. It was done in a way that they had been waiting for this particular moment, and it's something i always saw coming, as Tessai and Ramirez were dead to begin and had limitations (and if they had waited until the very last minute of the finale to find successors, then it would have been actually pointless).
I think it also helps to portray the scale of the war, as there are, what, 14 heroes struggling in different locations at the same time.

I don't think they needed to replace them. The Kyoryugers are suppose to be the strongest warriors in history and Ramirze and Tessai had historical cred. Replacing them with two secondary characters really betrayed what they were trying to go for. Furthermore the scale of the conflict was already well illustrated with the fact they had been fighting against Deboss since the Age of the Dinosaurs and would fight him again into the future.

I think if we had been given a bit more time with the idea, more people would have been okay with the new Grey and Cyan. I don't doubt that Sanjo probably wrote another episode to better foreshadow this, but given that he is two for two on getting less episodes for toku shows, and that Sakamoto is directing meaning there is probably a ton of footage that got cut, there just wasn't adequate time.

Still, this was a great episodes. The suitless role calls, Ian calling Souji by his name, then both of them proceeding to dual weild and wreck shop, and everything with Dogold and Utchy. The feels hit me hard this episode.