Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 4 - "Fire! The Gaburevolver of Courage"

Given how much this show loves puns and dancing, for a horrible second when Ami said "Gunman style" I thought the trio in the mecha would "comically" miss-hear and launch into the routine for a certain Korean smash hit :redface2:
--For such a playa, Ian's girl of the day does not look happy to be there. She's just got kind of a zombie facing going on until they leave. :shrug:
For a guy who's apparently so much fun to be around, all the girls have looked quite amazingly bored just sat there hanging off him.

--...Why am I not impressed by the look of their combined weapon? It's more of a sword than your usual canon, and it kind of reminds me of a certain sword from Digimon Xros Wars. Maybe it just needs time to grow on me... :(
I don't mind a big sword for the team weapon, but I was a little confused when he used it more like a spear. I was expecting something more like the Gaoranger's team weapon attack. I was a little disappointed that the Kentrospiker battery didn't create anything new itself. If I hadn't already looked up what kind of dinosaur it was, I'd have been left none the wiser really. It just seemed a bit anonymous compared to the previous batteries. I don't see why they couldn't have just each inserted one of their own into their piece, used that battery as a connector to link them together, and just said "well there's five batteries inside it, now we can use all that power at once".

Shining~
I like Kyoryujin Western's Brave Finish, it reminds me to Gokai Scramble.

But yeah, KentroSpiker is an odd weapon. Looks like a sword, used like a spear, and it looks awkward when you see it from left or right instead of from the front. All those handles...

Lurker
Over-Time has had it subbed for a couple of days now.

Thank you. For some reason JE Fusion didn't post the episodes. Say what you will about their news capabilities, but they always had the new episodes until now. Thank you. :thumbs:

Thank you. For some reason JE Fusion didn't post the episodes. Say what you will about their news capabilities, but they always had the new episodes until now. Thank you. :thumbs:
Didn't they get in trouble with google about it or something? Think they put a facebook update out saying they were reworking/spinning-off that part of the site?

Aronbafon
Well just frequent Over-Time mondays and tuesday and you'll find the download links for the episodes.

Lurker
Spoilers:

I just saw the episode. While it probably could've expanded on Ian's story, I think it was the strongest episode since the premiere. It gives a strong reason for Ian staying off the team that kept him a playboy/smug guy but still made him likable despite being the last to the team. I thought, if only two of the past 3 episodes could be expanded into 2-parters, I would nominate this episode to be left out.

I also like how Souji was already taking sides with the team, defending Daigo against Ian. Also like how this episode answered what would happen if the batteries aren't recharged in time... awesome fight scenes, double points for great scenes with Aigaron and Luckyuro. I also liked the twist at the end of the episode regarding Aigaron.

As I watched the episode, I realized we were losing the angle of the team not knowing each other and wondering how it would go from here. I have good feelings from the preview. Overall, after 2 awesome episodes and 2 pretty decent episodes, I have good feelings about this series. Can't wait for the next episode which I now know where to find. :)

Banned

Yeah I mean it's not like you can't go to the web sites of the groups that release the episodes right? :sly::sweat::redface2:

Given how much this show loves puns and dancing, for a horrible second when Ami said "Gunman style" I thought the trio in the mecha would "comically" miss-hear and launch into the routine for a certain Korean smash hit :redface2:

Indeed! I was totally expecting Psy's horse-riding dance. But apparently, Japan tends to be ahead of us in the trend curve (or so I heard). By the time the trend had gone viral in the west, Japan had all ready seen it and gotten over it.

And, not enough "physical movement"? Kyoryujin Western was jumping all over the place during that fight.

Correction, those were CGI jumps in a CGI background. It's not the same as seeing the actual suit or using a model of the city. DekaRanger had the right kind of balance for that kind of thing. And the CGI tunnel-vision thing for the final attack only makes it worse. Yeah, why bother doing any actual choreography or anything when you can just CGI it and make characters *glow* while they wiggle around! That'll impress them. :redface2:

Budou though
sooo how's the show? i haven't seen it yet but from what i read before the show aired, they wanted to make the show fun and lively. does it live up to that description?