Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 4 - "Fire! The Gaburevolver of Courage"

Another really enjoyable episode.

~As soon as Go-onBlack makes his appearance, they kill his ass...I guess it was his time to Go-Off...AHEM, bad jokes aside, I thought it was a cool pair up they did, given that Gunpei had more or less the same character gimmick; expert marksman, prefers gun over other weapons, etc.

~The action scenes are pretty awesome, I hope they stay consistent. Although, I have this feeling fists will rarely be used as far as in suit battles go. On the other hand, they give Ami really nice drill attacks. They don't slack with her fight choreo either.

I also like how they're trying to fit civilian fights in every episode so far, and they aren't too short either. The casts are doing a lot of the fights as well. Keep'em coming.

~Even though I would have liked for the ranger identity conflict to drag on a bit longer, the build up to the team finally being formed was still awesome. Torin made it just a tad epic as well.

I just can't help but wonder, what the writers are going to do now...either they have a lot in store, or they rushed major characterization within the first 4 episodes just because of toys.

***** I love how in the preview for Brave 5 the announcer is full on hype, until the white guy appears and he's all "...the **** is that.."

Hopefully Go-onBlack can show up in more flashbacks~

I'm not really sure how exactly to feel about the fight scenes yet. They feel somewhat different from the fights in Gokaiger 5, 6, 11, and 12 (also directed by Sakamoto).

I'm looking forward to the next couple of eps. I'm hoping we get more of an explanation of what's at stake here. And hoping we also get some good world-building.~

Wow, it makes a whole lot of sense that Sakamoto directed the double-Rekka Daizantou episode.

Eye See You
Best episode so far. Everything is just so fast in terms of scenes. It's kinda like a breath of fresh air for Sentai to be honest. I'm not really a fan of comedy Sentai but this one I really, really like.

Lurker
Best episode so far. Everything is just so fast in terms of scenes. It's kinda like a breath of fresh air for Sentai to be honest. I'm not really a fan of comedy Sentai but this one I really, really like.

It's not really a comedy Sentai as much as it's a colorful and energetic Sentai. Sure, they do funny things but every show does that.

So far this is really a character show.

Does anyone else think they might be setting up a rivalry between the Crying guy and KyoryuBlack? Is now a good time to mention I always thought the Crying guy sorta looked like Grey from Jetman...

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
-Ian calls King an idiot for being in the way when Ian obviously couldn't handle the power of Kentrospiker and caused the incident in the first place

Dammit Ian.......

Does anyone else think they might be setting up a rivalry between the Crying guy and KyoryuBlack? Is now a good time to mention I always thought the Crying guy sorta looked like Grey from Jetman...

It seems that way to me, too. I thought he was Blue's rival (because of the color and because Aigaron was also the one in charge during Blue's ep), but there's more reason for Black to get back at him.

-Ian calls King an idiot for being in the way when Ian obviously couldn't handle the power of Kentrospiker and caused the incident in the first place

Dammit Ian.......

Tsundere 101 :D.

Kinda looks like every Kyoryuger might get a rivalry. And each villain's emotions might play against each individual Kyoryuger. In Ian's case, Aigaron could steal the energy of his sadness. Hmmm. This makes me wonder, what if the Kyoryugers end up being the ones who end up reviving Deboss as a result, due to their "lack of controlling their emotions". That would suck for them. :sweat:

Another good episode. Love the way the action was carried out. Can't say I like Ian or Souji though. Souji is still slightly better though.