Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 4 - "Fire! The Gaburevolver of Courage"

Aronbafon
1362869393213.jpg

Writer: Riku Sanjo​

After international playboy Ian Yorkland, the true identity of Kyoryu Black, is attacked by Debo Doronbosu, he remembers how he once was never able to fire a gun and becoming a Kyoryuger changed that.

always henshining'
it took us four episodes to get to the first moment of the team henshining' together and there was a great sense of payoff in the end. loved it

That first fight was actually great. Smooth-flowing teamwork from Blue, Green, and Pink.

Both Nossan and his Deboss equivalent (the Sorrow one) are hilarious.

Finally. Kyoryujin Western fights just like the GokaiRobo with the Dekaranger attachment (or the Dekarobo). And it has Marvelous's finisher :D.

Like ep 3, ep 4 was another okay episode for me.

I'm glad the sound effects were a bit more toned down in this ep compared to ep 3. Though still a bit too much imo. That scene at the start, jeez, why all the sound effects. It also looks weird having to hear that bouncy sound whenever Red jumps. :shrug:

I'm glad the mecha combination sequence was cut a bit shorter. And Kyoryujin Western was pretty cool. Wish we got to see it a bit more.~

Is it just me, or did the fight scenes in this episode feel less good compared to the last 3 eps?

Despite what little Souji did in this ep, I strangely liked him more here than in ep 3. :p Maybe it's cause it was nice to see him have some actual chemistry finally. Like that scene where he's defending King from Ian. I really wish there was more of that. I do see potential in Souji, but the show needs to do more with him imo. :p

As for Ian... I feel like the ep didn't do a great job at getting me to care for him honestly. We are lead to believe that he's haunted by this sad past. I mean, at the start of the ep, he even freaks out and is unable to shoot his gun. But after one little talk with King, he immediately gets over it all and becomes great friends with the team. It's not bad, but feels very rushed, making Ian hard to find believable (I think making this a 2-parter would've worked). The one thing I would like to see more of is his relation to Aigaron, which sadly only showed up in the last few seconds of the ep. Overall, I think Ian has potential, but it's yet to be seen. Hope to see it soon.

So yeah, overall, the ep was okay. Not bad, but could've been so much better.

I really want to know more about Torin than anyone else. I kinda feel like I don't quite completely know everything that's going on in this show. The show feels like it's taking it's time to tell us things or to get the story moving. The show has had a decent start so far. I hope it gets way better soon.

Thought it was another great episode, on par with last week's. This team is showing great chemistry and potential, and there was really something very satisfying on seeing these characters finally transforming together this late. That's a sign the risk they took starting the series with a "team formation" arc was worth it.

The team having to fight out of suit because the batteries were recharging made room for a great action scene, and i have the feeling this will happen a lot.

I also like how every episode so far had a mini-cliffhanger, and this week was the first on the villains' side of things. Aigaron is a fun character, he sounds like he's dying inside a little everytime he talks, heh.

We are lead to believe that he's haunted by this sad past. I mean, at the start of the ep, he even freaks out and is unable to shoot his gun. But after one little talk with King, he immediately gets over it all and becomes great friends with the team.

"Sad past" is more like "an event that happened days ago". :laugh: There wasn't much time for him to grieve over it or develop a lifelong trauma.

I think he wanted to get closer to them from day one, he was just afraid to fail them like he failed his friend, that's what was stopping him and Daigo saw just through it. Ian was grateful that Daigo believed in him despite knowing the story. Although judging by next week's summary on Toei's site, he's not exactly "great friends" with the team yet.

Last edited:
"Sad past" is more like "an event that happened days ago". :laugh: There wasn't much time for him to grieve over it or develop a lifelong trauma.

I think he wanted to get closer to them from day one, he was just afraid to fail them like he failed his friend, that's what was stopping him and Daigo saw just through it. Ian was grateful that Daigo believed in him despite knowing the story. Although judging by next week's summary on Toei's site, he's not exactly "great friends" with the team yet.

Was it just a few days ago? I thought they said a few months ago. Huh, whoops.

I'm honestly still not sure how to feel about Ian or know exactly what he wanted with the team. Again, the story felt kinda rushed and would've loved to have seen it expanded upon. I'm still not quite feeling for the character yet. And yeah, I know he's not GREAT friends with them. But at least he's part of the team now. Should be interesting how that turns out.

I'm honestly still not sure how to feel about Ian or know exactly what he wanted with the team. Again, the story felt kinda rushed and would've loved to have seen it expanded upon. I'm still not quite feeling for the character yet. And yeah, I know he's not GREAT friends with them. But at least he's part of the team now. Should be interesting how that turns out.

I agree: especially since in fact, the plot isn't over since the real murderer of Ian's friend is still around; I guess that there is still some potential development for that plot.
That said, as a playboy, Ian doesn't impress me like Gai Yuki or even Sho Hayate (who played the playboy persona in a funny way)

Like ep 3, ep 4 was another okay episode for me.

I'm glad the sound effects were a bit more toned down in this ep compared to ep 3. Though still a bit too much imo. That scene at the start, jeez, why all the sound effects. It also looks weird having to hear that bouncy sound whenever Red jumps. :shrug:

You will be in the number that will complain of said lack of sound effects in the Power Rangers adaptation.