Aronbafon
1362264538869.jpg

Writer: Riku Sanjo​

While working at a restaurant, Amy watches Souji be admonished by his father for not following in their family tradition of being great swordsmen, all the while a new Debo Monster attacks.

That third episode confirms that Kyoryuger is a very promising series. Nice Kyoryugreen focus episode, making us know and like the character. Once again, we see Daigo and the others trying to get to know the other team memebers, and it's nice to see Soji accept the friendship of the others (just Black to go).
Junichi Haruta makes an awesome appearance as Green's father, and shows that he's still badass after all those years. Besides, his character is very likable, and it's obvious that he's a loving father, and seeing father and son making up at the end was great.
Besides, other fun stuff from that episode:
- nice touch showing Nobuharu's sister and nice at the beginning
- Kyoryublack with a girl: playboy indeed (especially since in next episode's preview he's with another one :laugh: )
- Amy is still a badass girl in her non focus episodes : I like that Riku Sanjo still wants her to be strong, and badass
- Another villain general comes outside to fight: yay, the Deboss are already better than the Zangyack, and Dogold is pretty tough
- that episode feels especially weirs when you know that the MOTW's voice actor is also the one who voiced Bakuryuu Tyranno in Abaranger : I couldn't help thinking " the Kyoryuger are fighting Tyranno", and it was even funnier in the giant fight, when Kyoryujin, with Gabutyra, involved

One nitpick: they bother to give feathers to the T-Rex, when it's still doubtful that Tyrannosaurus had feathers because of its huge size (as a comparison compare a fox and an elephant' sizes; an elephant has almost no hair), but they didn't show ZACTOR as a feathered dinosaur???? (when there's no doubt that Velociraptor was feathered) :mad:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
This episode wasn't much fun for me, I find Green a thoroughly dislikable character and can't enjoy him at all. But it was all worth it for the return of Junichi Haruta :castlerock:

^^^
Just some simple alternating design to establish the differences in each Kyoryuger's helmet, I guess?

Quite a good swordplay by Green's actor there. I feared he will get confused with Hurricane Dragon's suit actor swordplay, but that is out of concern now.

Seems weird seeing Pink's actress making a cute pose in the middle of the fight just to cheer for Green. I'm happily weird.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I didn't like her suddenly playing cheerleader, not every "cute" character has to become a squealing fangirl. It seemed more like something Natsuki or Houka would do than what has been established for her so far.

I didn't like her suddenly playing cheerleader, not every "cute" character has to become a squealing fangirl. It seemed more like something Natsuki or Houka would do than what has been established for her so far.

What? Amy has been doing similar things since her first fight.

Mad Skillz
What? Amy has been doing similar things since her first fight.
The difference here is that she's only been like that during the suited battles in the first two episodes. There was a bit of disconnect going on with her, almost seeming like split personalities, so this is probably that being rectified. It still comes off as a little weird. Other than that, I enjoyed this episode a lot. Though, Souji's fighting style doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It looks cool when he's posing and whatnot, but did anyone notice how many times he should have rightfully stabbed himself in the back with the way he was holding his sword?

I'm enjoying Kyoryuger a lot so far, it's not as crazy as I thought it was going to be and does a great job trying to balance any zany aspects with the those grounded moments.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru

That's typical Riku Sanjo writing alright. He's done the same with Akiko in W, and with Yuki in the episodes he wrote for Fourze.

He gives the female characters a personality (unlike some previous head writers for Heisei Rider shows), but he always puts them in situations where there "fangirlisms" become completely un-necessary.

And with the interaction between Ami and Souji in this episode, don't be surprised to see if this turns into a shipping fest between Green & Pink as the series goes on (in b4 MMPR Tommy-Kim reference)