Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger - Brave Final: Great Explosion! Farewell, Kyoryugers

But I still wanted to get a slam in at how much I think Riku Sanjou sucks for acting like he's some kind of amazing genius for writing all of Kyoryuger, when...well, how hard could it have been with all of the recycling he did?

I'm glad I'm not the only one to point that out. For me it's not so much that stuff got recycled more than it that was just "Hey, remember when this other Sentai did it?" without doing much else. Too much developing will take time away from wacky hijinks, after all.

Kyoryu 48:

- I just realized that the Frozen Castle interior is meant to resemble the inside a body’s interior. But it still is too candy-like. Maybe if the walls were redder and less pink.

- My thoughts exactly, Dantetsu. Chaos isn’t dead.

- So the new Cyan and Grey are sent to take care of the grunts. How spectacular.

- Destroying the base feels so much like a Power Rangers trope…

- A lot of quick deaths in this episode.

- Others have expounded on the sudden Daigo-Amy thing, so I have nothing more to say on that.

- Deboss has a creator? Why is this only now being mentioned? And I thought he was a Bazoo-type villain.

- Sing-a-long to defeat the enemy (especially when it’s just to the tune of a very sing-a-longy theme song and not something more “mystic†or “ancientâ€) seems too… “Care Bear-ishâ€. Everyone apparently hates Tetom’s song from Gaoranger, but that was much better than this.

- I like Utchy in meditation. We should have seen more of stuff like that. Instead he became just another clown most of the time.

- Why’d it take so long for the Zyudenryu and Daigo to return? What was the point of drawing that out when it amounted to nothing?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm glad I'm not the only one to point that out. For me it's not so much that stuff got recycled more than it that was just "Hey, remember when this other Sentai did it?" without doing much else. Too much developing will take time away from wacky hijinks, after all.

I doubt they expected anyone to remember it. Unless someone in the audience is a Nobuo Akagi or was watching Gaoranger or JAKQ or whatever else as they were growing up, they're not going to remember it. The target audience will not know it at all. Why NOT use it? Shows that have gone on for far fewer than 38 seasons have reused stuff without being terribly creative with it.

^ Well then it goes right back to how quickly plot points would get resolved or put on the backburner so we could go back to the oh-so-funny hijinks. That was my issue more than the fact that stuff got recycled. Of course that's bound to happen.

Do you know how hard it is for a dinosaur to walk in space? It's fucking hard!

Plezuon flies through space regularly. And they didn't even fly very far away; they were right above Earth.

I doubt they expected anyone to remember it. Unless someone in the audience is a Nobuo Akagi or was watching Gaoranger or JAKQ or whatever else as they were growing up, they're not going to remember it. The target audience will not know it at all. Why NOT use it? Shows that have gone on for far fewer than 38 seasons have reused stuff without being terribly creative with it.

Exactly. These were clearly meant as homages with a new audience in mind.

Of course, Black Fang's issue of plot's being resolved too quickly is a valid (though relative) one, too.

Let's Morphin
...to have Amy going from a strong, independent young lady to one who was sobbing for her new boyfriend's apparent demise was rather disappointing.
Of all the stupid in the finale, this pissed me off the most.:mad:

It feels late to ask this, but does anyone know what Aigallion says in Japanese when he says "It'll make you shed tears". What is the exact phrase written in Japanese or Romaji?

Shining~
Plezuon flies through space regularly. And they didn't even fly very far away; they were right above Earth.

I guess the reason is that they used literally all their power to destroy the Frozen Castle, so they have to "hibernate" for a while until they have enough power to fly back to earth.

But the staff really should have put that in Daigo's dialogue....

So, I just finished watching the final four episodes. As a finale, I am very mixed on it. The fact that it is revealed in this episode that Deboss has a creator is the biggest "Wait. What?" moment.

Only reason I could see to have that in there is to make Deboss a parallel to Cthulhu, who is also a planet destroying entity that has something worse above his level.

I kind of love that the theme song is Earth's Melody. Really didn't care for how the final battle was just between Daigo and Deboss, but at least the others used Earth's Melody to help, even if it was superficial.

As a whole, I really enjoyed Kyroryuger. I still feel that the show didn't really find it's focus until after Deboss was revived the first time, but I did enjoy it.

Also, I really hope Riku Sanjou consulted a proctologist before he pulled the Daigo and Amy pairing out of his ass, like that.