Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger - Brave Final: Great Explosion! Farewell, Kyoryugers

but for a short while she has Plezuoh for herself.

Just like how in this episode she pilots Plezuoh on her own for a short while.

In fact it's even shorter in this episode, as she goes into the cockpit only to perform the finisher.
*Shoves you up against a wall* Listen to me! That time didn't count! This time counts!

This is just all I thought when I watched the finale lol

7p8xFk.gif

Minato Ascending
First of all, I have to say that I've been enjoying Kyoryuger quite a lot up to the finale. However, there were several things in the final episode that ruined the ending for me:

-Daigo & Amy: I have no problem with romance in Super Sentai, and I don't have a problem having this two characters together. But they can't just shoehorn it in the last 2-3 eps and expect us to accept it, especially after having Yayoi being infatuated with Daigo since her introduction but did not seemed to mind in the end when Daigo hooked up with Amy. And does it really matter to the story at all?

-Daigo as One Man Army: Throughout the series, it is clear that Daigo is the central figure of Kyoryuger, and it is particularly jarring when he turned out to be the only one who received the power-up in the team. But to let him go mano-e-mano vs Deboss is ridiculous. The last time I checked, this isn't Kamen Rider, so why can't the team face Deboss together?

-Deus Ex Machina: I know in just about every final episode, the heroes will pull something out of their butt to defeat the enemy, but having the Kyoryuger just sing a melody to weaken both Chaos and Deboss and helped heroes win with ease is bad storytelling. I know they wanted to rush to Epilogue but that doesn't excuse the way they did it.

-Epilogue: I don't understand why we have to suffer through the long Epilogue to find out that Daigo is indeed alive, when we can predict that he'll survive from the beginning. And to have Amy going from a strong, independent young lady to one who was sobbing for her new boyfriend's apparent demise was rather disappointing. It also have no reason to have taken half of the episode to do the reunion, either.

I didn't even mention how they killed off Ucchi then letting him come back via melody. Anyway, it was a badly-handled finale and one that I won't feel like rewatching in the future.

Lurker
I enjoyed the finale; however, while I don't mind DaiAmi, it felt forced at the end especially since there were only 3-4 hints at it and they brushed it off.

Would like to change his avatar
I enjoyed the finale; however, while I don't mind DaiAmi, it felt forced at the end especially since there were only 3-4 hints at it and they brushed it off.

It's another thing Sanjou stole from a past Sentai -- the way Gorou/Spade Ace and Karen/Heart Queen realized, all of a sudden, in the finale, that they were in love.

Minato Ascending
It's another thing Sanjou stole from a past Sentai -- the way Gorou/Spade Ace and Karen/Heart Queen realized, all of a sudden, in the finale, that they were in love.

Just because it was from a past sentai doesn't mean it's good.

Would like to change his avatar
Just because it was from a past sentai doesn't mean it's good.

That I said it was "all of a sudden, in the freakin' finale" should have indicated that I thought it was crap in JAKQ, too. :p

But I still wanted to get a slam in at how much I think Riku Sanjou sucks for acting like he's some kind of amazing genius for writing all of Kyoryuger, when...well, how hard could it have been with all of the recycling he did?

I liked him when he wasn't a god

I doubt Sanjo has WATCHED JAKQ ... and let's face it, Daigo and Amy aren't "in love", it's childish infatuation.

On a rewatch with subtitles, it gets me how Daigo basically says, "I'm not going anywhere, we're a Sentai, nakama 4 lyfe, if we die we die together ... BTW, Amy, the sole reason I came back to earth was because I wuv you and wanna go on that date, **** these other guys"

I'm very pleased by how Kyoryuger turned out. There was something truly special about the mood, plot, characters, even ones i thought i wouldn't like, like Ian and Souji, showed growth through the year making me grow to like them. Similarly, its musical motif grew stronger through the year and ended on a high note. Pun intended!

I'm gonna miss it a lot, but i hope ToQGer manages to fill those shoes.