Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger - Brave 40 "Right in the Heart! It's Rough Being an Old Guy

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Actually the subs kinda invalidate this whole point (just like last week, where it was once again shown that the Amy-Daigo pairing you complain about is only in Yayoi's imagination).

He really wanted to redeem Candelilla, not because of his dick, but because of two very reasonable things: He thinks they would be able to be redeemed just like Torin was considering their very nature is to improve the life of humans, and that if he could make her understand humanity, she can give him an idea on how to save the humans. Yes, he was attracted, but he still had his priorities straight.

And he turned out right, and Torin seems to understand what he's going for.

It's not so much Amy/Daigo I dislike, as having women fight over him (or turn into bunny boilers)

And the whole reason for his deciding that Candelira could be redeemed was the OMG LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT moment and having them gaze soulfully into each other's eyes. So, yeah, same thing. Although even that is not as bad as "Luckyuro must be redeemable because he/she likes manga"

And the whole reason for his deciding that Candelira could be redeemed was the OMG LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT moment and having them gaze soulfully into each other's eyes. So, yeah, same thing. Although even that is not as bad as "Luckyuro must be redeemable because he/she likes manga"

Emotions cannot be avoided, because it's human nature. There's absolutely nothing wrong with "love at first sight" or "gazing soulfully into each other's eyes". I think it's not right to judge someone poorly just because they fell prey to their emotions.

Regardless of that, he still was being rational and had his priorities straight. That's exactly the right thing to do, and there's no better way to do it: Embrace one's weakness as a human and yet act in a logical way. When Candelilla went back to Deboss he was all sad about it, but (so far) he's not betraying his principles. He still cares about his family, and still values human life above all.

Emotions cannot be avoided, because it's human nature. There's absolutely nothing wrong with "love at first sight" or "gazing soulfully into each other's eyes".

It's so sudden and slushy that it counteracts his assertion that he's NOT under Deboss influence. It doesn't magically become good writing just because fans want to see a romance.

Regardless of that, he still was being rational and had his priorities straight. That's exactly the right thing to do, and there's no better way to do it: Embrace one's weakness as a human and yet act in a logical way. When Candelilla went back to Deboss he was all sad about it, but (so far) he's not betraying his principles. He still cares about his family, and still values human life above all.

Just what did he think she would do - ride off into the sunset with him?

I want to wonder if Torin being interested in Amy's movies is part of the "Deboss can be redeemed via human media" theme ...

Last edited:
Budou though
Dat Kabuto reference, and Gentaro's getup! Toei, you sly dogs.
which kabuto reference? i only noticed the dekaranger reference. the hair stylist should have given daigo the true gentaro hair style with flame converse.

i liked the candellira parts in this episode. i hope her and nossan get together in the end. lol at souji not getting a outfit change because he already is wearing a school uniform but just from a different school than the others

Not only that, but Souji's wearing a modern school uniform while all the rest have old-fashioned ones that you'd expect to see in a movie about delinquent schoolkids

How likely do people think it is that Candelira and Luckyuro will actually survive the show? If they did, then no one would really have hurt/suffered because of Deboss (except for Ian's friend, who never appears in the story and is not someone that kids are supposed to be attached to) unless Daigo's father is killed off ...

It's so sudden and slushy that it counteracts his assertion that he's NOT under Deboss influence. It doesn't magically become good writing just because fans want to see a romance.

It's not sudden. You must've missed the flashback which hinted that he was starting to get attracted a long time ago.

And you know, all the hints since the start of the series that Nossan is desperate when it comes to love. He just has his priorities straight, just like in this episode.

Just what did he think she would do - ride off into the sunset with him?

Reform like Torin did. There is a precedence, and thus, it's a reasonable goal.

It's not sudden. You must've missed the flashback which hinted that he was starting to get attracted a long time ago.

And you know, all the hints since the start of the series that Nossan is desperate when it comes to love. He just has his priorities straight, just like in this episode.

That was an episode where he was actually under her control. If "his priorities were straight" he'd know better than to get involved with her. I liked him as a character before this episode, and I'm annoyed that he was used to reform a rather poorly-written and unlikeable character through a cliche "love" storyline. Hell, I'd even be angry if it were Ian, and I don't like Ian. I especially don't want to see the Aigaron issue transferred to Nossan, it is literally the only thing going for Ian plot-wise

Reform like Torin did. There is a precedence, and thus, it's a reasonable goal.

Yes, but did he seriously think that at that very moment she'd run from Deboss and come home with him? Even if she wanted to, it wouldn't be safe

That was an episode where he was actually under her control. If "his priorities were straight" he'd know better than to get involved with her. I liked him as a character before this episode, and I'm annoyed that he was used to reform a rather poorly-written and unlikeable character through a cliche "love" storyline. Hell, I'd even be angry if it were Ian, and I don't like Ian. I especially don't want to see the Aigaron issue transferred to Nossan, it is literally the only thing going for Ian plot-wise

Setting priorities is all about what you do, not what you feel. That's what makes it difficult. He acted on what he should do, not on what he wanted to do.

And that shows he was NOT under her control.

I'm sure several people have had times in their life where they're desperately in love with someone but choose not to jump in because there are other things to accomplish first. That's what Nossan did. That's what I would do in that situation. I may not help being in love, but I'll still have to do the right thing.

Yes, but did he seriously think that at that very moment she'd run from Deboss and come home with him? Even if she wanted to, it wouldn't be safe

But that's not what he thought. You're putting your bias onto his character.

He asked Candelilla to stop doing evil things, try to understand humans, and help him rescue those who were caught. That's what he asked when he was doing dogeza, and that's what he asked when he was getting beat up by Debo Kantokku. Nowhere did he ask her to run away with him or to love him back.

He never even talked about his own feelings. All he said is that he "believes in her".

The new Tendou Souji
I want to wonder if Torin being interested in Amy's movies is part of the "Deboss can be redeemed via human media" theme ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMQCeQKacM"]watashi no kare wa pilot-lynn minmay - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, that was the first thing I thought of.