Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger - Brave 40 "Right in the Heart! It's Rough Being an Old Guy

I feel like this is the best episode of Kyoryuger so far.

It wasn't even trying to be special like my other favourites. No big team-up or anything. Just a typical Nossan episode.

But everything about it was just so fantastic, well-filmed, well-paced and creative. Debo-Director was hilarious, so was his antics. Loved all the fake film scenes stemming from Amy and Torin's imaginations haha. :laugh: The school one was great because of that fantastic roll-call. Cop one was hilarious. I love the genres they go through.

To be honest, I really liked the love story with Nossan and Canderilla. I really did. I thought it was sweet, and a Sentai stock story done well. I really hope Luckyuro and Canderilla defect and become bangai heroes.

Also, I loved the Dekaranger reference. :laugh:

Can't wait for a TRUE all mech team-up next episode!

I agree with everything you posted, especially the Nossan-Candelilla. I'd probably complain too if I thought it was forced, but I just felt it was just plain sweet. Candelilla first copying the "Amai, Ah, Ma, Ii" pun, then doing the "Oyaji" "Onaji" on her own was really cute..

I really appreciated the editing work especially making the particular scenes look like shows of the genre it referred to.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I don't see why Candelira supposedly being in "love" with him means she should get to survive the show. I'd much prefer to see Aigaron destroy her out of jealousy (which would be a bit Jetman-ish, yeah) and/or she and Luckyuro sacrifice themselves to help the Kyoryugers. Not only do I hate the lovey stuff, I don't think that "Hey, kids! If you're pretty and/or act cute, you can't be evil!" is a good message to teach the audience.

Actually, this episode had the effect of making me dislike Nossan, and I'm not happy about that. He went from being one of the most likable of the Kyoryugers, to a soppy idiot falling for a pretty face.

Last edited:
But Nossan has always been sort of a lovelorn perv. He always was envious of the attention Ian (and to some extent Daigo) was getting from pretty girls. Remember the episodes which showed what he was wishing for?

Anyway, I think with the relationship between Candelilla and Nossan growing, it does make for an interesting situation in the future, regardless of whether Candelilla is redeemed or not.

That's precisely why it's putting me off him. I don't care if he wants a girlfriend - he should know better than to get involved with an enemy. It's like a worse version of that godawful "Koro" episode in Goseiger

Let's Morphin
I feel like this is the best episode of Kyoryuger so far.

It wasn't even trying to be special like my other favourites. No big team-up or anything. Just a typical Nossan episode.

But everything about it was just so fantastic, well-filmed, well-paced and creative. Debo-Director was hilarious, so was his antics. Loved all the fake film scenes stemming from Amy and Torin's imaginations haha. :laugh: The school one was great because of that fantastic roll-call. Cop one was hilarious. I love the genres they go through.

To be honest, I really liked the love story with Nossan and Canderilla. I really did. I thought it was sweet, and a Sentai stock story done well. I really hope Luckyuro and Canderilla defect and become bangai heroes.

Also, I loved the Dekaranger reference. :laugh:

Can't wait for a TRUE all mech team-up next episode!

I also agree with this. Fantastic episode.

However, I think Lucky and Candy are getting killed to make the bad guy more evil.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Ramirez, what are you doing? :laugh:

I'm pretty sure Ramirez is going to want Yuuko to take over his role as KyoryuCyan, I can't understand why else he would be in this episode and that whole thing with the melody. To say nothing of Yuuko's cyan bravery from the DeboVacation episode!

Also DAT DELINQUANT ROLL CALL!!! O.O

Poor Souji :laugh:

That's precisely why it's putting me off him. I don't care if he wants a girlfriend - he should know better than to get involved with an enemy. It's like a worse version of that godawful "Koro" episode in Goseiger

I dunno, I think he was being optimistic but not too blindly so. I mean he did bring his Gaburevolver so it's not like he went unarmed right? I thought it was well handled... plus I'm suspecting the Deboss generals will be absorbed by Deboss to make him stronger.

I really hope Luckyuro and Canderilla defect and become bangai heroes.

That'd be some WEIRD rangers key right there :laugh:

Kuuguitar
Loved it! Really felt like Sanjo and Sakamoto were having fun, especially given their nods towards some older Sentai/Rider shows.

IMO Nossan/Candelira is a wee bit like Red Racer/Zonette - but Sanjo still has a few aces up his sleeve.

Everyone talks about the Dekaranger allusion with Yuko and emergency; but anyone has noticed the use of the Akira Kushida song "Abare spirit forever" (an Abaranger song) when the "Kyoryu Keisatsu" stuff appears?

I dunno, I think he was being optimistic but not too blindly so. I mean he did bring his Gaburevolver so it's not like he went unarmed right? I thought it was well handled... plus I'm suspecting the Deboss generals will be absorbed by Deboss to make him stronger.

You call it optimistic, I call it thinking with his dick

(although ironically, Candelira and Luckyuro will fill me with joy if they are destroyed)

I think there was also a nod to Taihou Shichauzo! there with Amy, considering the way she was dressed.

Even the first scene with Nossan and Candelilla felt something visually like Ichi Littoru no Namida/Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu, one of those tearjerker late 90s/early 2000s romance films.

You call it optimistic, I call it thinking with his dick

(although ironically, Candelira and Luckyuro will fill me with joy if they are destroyed)

Actually the subs kinda invalidate this whole point (just like last week, where it was once again shown that the Amy-Daigo pairing you complain about is only in Yayoi's imagination).

He really wanted to redeem Candelilla, not because of his dick, but because of two very reasonable things: He thinks they would be able to be redeemed just like Torin was considering their very nature is to improve the life of humans, and that if he could make her understand humanity, she can give him an idea on how to save the humans. Yes, he was attracted, but he still had his priorities straight.

And he turned out right, and Torin seems to understand what he's going for.

Last edited: