I'm a big fan of the zombie genre in general. Some of my favorite movies are the first ones that Romero directed/wrote. I totally loved to watch ''Night of the Living Dead'', the 1968 one (black & white).

This movie is in my opinion one of the most scary zombie films ever... the scene that really shocked me and scared me the most was the charred remains scene (if you've watched this film, you'll know what I'm talking about - if not... I'm not going to say more, I don't wanna spoil it for you!). ''Dawn of the dead'' (1985) was also great.

His last films really suck tho :( Which is sad because he used to make good films. That's just my opinion tho :D

Well, I too think the old movies are charming but on the other hand most of them have lost their fascination and atmosphere because as a viewer of today you are just used to better effects etc.

I don't think I will ever lose fascination with Zombie flicks on the assumption they are well made. The genre - if I may call it that - lends itself well to good storytelling and constant improvement in makeup and special effects. It's the kind of genre that lingers at the edge of everyone's consciousness as a 'what if it came true?' thought.