REI RETURNS!
garo+black+blood.jpg

Yes, he's got himself some sidekicks (ToQ #3 and Sailor Moon's little brother), his silver armour has undone a CGI conversation (actually much improved over the season 3 suits IMO), and he's back to kick some more Horror arse!

OverTime released the first two episodes yesterday, so it seemed more appropriate to make a thread concentrating on those and what people think of it so far. The remaining four episodes have aired in Japan, so if you know what's going to happen please don't spoil it for the rest of us :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched all 6 episodes....and it was boring. Seriously, a two parter material dragged to cover 6 episodes. The acting is definitely the worst part. The three main characters have zero chemistry together and their acting were horrendous. Their fights were also lacking, devoid of energy. Also can we get rid of "XXX killed my father and I must kill him!!!!" plotline now? It's like this plotline was used everywhere and I am sick of it (and even involve female Makai priests...)

The only saving grace is ZERO's shining new armor, and the final fight's pretty great (CG action FTW :p). Oh and that western dude playing the main Horror. He seems to be the only capable actor and having fun doing it.

I've just seen the first two episodes, and my opinion is totally the opposite. The villain's plan is great, the script is very fluent, good dialogues, the characters are nice and well written and defined, the fights are cool and the special effects are great (the fight in episode 2, where the horrors is constantly changing between CGI and real suit, is really well done).

I'm really looking forward to see the next four episodes, and the first two are better than everything I saw in Yami wo terasu mono.

When exactly does this take place? Between Makai Senki/Blue Dragon (or whatever the third movie's called) and Yami?

When exactly does this take place? Between Makai Senki/Blue Dragon (or whatever the third movie's called) and Yami?

Judging from what Zero says in the first episode, it looks like it takes place before the 1st season.

^ Refutation that pertains to stuff that happens after episode 2 of this.
Not saying you're wrong but I swear Rei only gained the use of Ginga in the first season.

And I thought of a better example, is season 1 Rei always wore Silva on the chain around his neck,

Last edited:
I have watched all 6 episodes....and it was boring. Seriously, a two parter material dragged to cover 6 episodes. The acting is definitely the worst part. The three main characters have zero chemistry together and their acting were horrendous. Their fights were also lacking, devoid of energy. Also can we get rid of "XXX killed my father and I must kill him!!!!" plotline now? It's like this plotline was used everywhere and I am sick of it (and even involve female Makai priests...)

The only saving grace is ZERO's shining new armor, and the final fight's pretty great (CG action FTW :p). Oh and that western dude playing the main Horror. He seems to be the only capable actor and having fun doing it.
All 6 episodes already came out? Why did this go over the heads of everyone here?

Given the fact Yami's way in the future it would kind of have to.
Can't we just pretend like that season never happened?

Judging from what Zero says in the first episode, it looks like it takes place before the 1st season.
But he's so much more "bluer" than in previous seasons!