Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City; US DVD/Blu-Ray Combo!

Eye See You
I'm planning on making the switch soon but I have no intention of upgrading every movie I own. A DVD with a good transfer looks fine. I really only want Blu-Ray for movies I don't own (like Wong Kar Wai's films), movies that DO look like crap on DVD, like the Gamera trilogy (or if not, considerably better on Blu-Ray) or movies that I just outright obsess over (Seven Samurai on Blu-ray yuuuuusssss).

Yeah I think upgrading and getting everything you got on DVD all over again for Blu is kind of lame. I'm lucky I was never a big DVD collector or anything so I pretty much nabbed all the movies I ever wanted (and more) on Blu right now since they look the best.

I do have a bunch of movies on VHS that I now have on Blu but that is an entirely different thing.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
I'm waiting for the next step up after Bluray... :laugh:

has left HJU. Not coming back.

Don't go there! :shakefist lol

According to Amazon... The run time is 106 minutes. As for Japan DVD, anyone know how long run time is?

Eye See You

Pink-ray. :coolshades:

Tehcnically, 3D Blu-ray is the next step.

I don't see how much better the picture can get after Blu-ray. The only improvements I can think of are removal of ALL grain in some of the Blu's.

Zodasaur

I don't see how much better the picture can get after Blu-ray. The only improvements I can think of are removal of ALL grain in some of the Blu's.

In this modern time, grain is left in intentionally for the look. It could easily be left out my shooting on video like they did with attack of the clones.

Removing the grain from movies shot on film is kind of a terrible plan. It's SUPPOSED to be there.

Eye See You
I understand this. But that doesn't mean grain looks good. The only way I can see a better ver. of Blu is if the actual grain is removed and can still maintain the incredible picture.

Zodasaur
I understand this. But that doesn't mean grain looks good. The only way I can see a better ver. of Blu is if the actual grain is removed and can still maintain the incredible picture.

This have nothing to do with the Blu-Ray format. It has to do with Film vs. Digital video.

Chief HJU News Editor

Well blu-ray resolution still isn't near that of 35mm. So still quite far.

Rajio Showa Rider
Blu-ray is still compressed video. The audio is uncompressed, that's about the best feature of blu-ray. It's pretty much impossible to watch, say, raw Red-One format. And even Red cameras don't shoot as high quality as good old fashioned film, if I recall correctly.