cloudandzack-image-cloudandzack-36492294-1280-720.png

Hello, everyone!

I would like to know if you prefer Zack or Cloud’s character. Who do you think is the better protagonist of Final Fantasy VII? I haven’t finished Final Fantasy VII yet so I don’t know if there will be more character development left for Cloud.

I’m going for Zack because of the ending of Crisis Core. I can’t get the ending out of my head after finishing that game back then. :(

How about you? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think both are fair in their roles. I'd not change much. But I know some people have attachment towards the cloud character. And they tend to favor him. In case of zack, I guess it seems like a good character but cloud has many other advantages in terms of design and character plot.

I think both are fair in their roles. I'd not change much. But I know some people have attachment towards the cloud character. And they tend to favor him. In case of zack, I guess it seems like a good character but cloud has many other advantages in terms of design and character plot.
Other people don’t even know that Zack exists. I hate it when most of them feel like they know the whole FF7 story and claim that Cloud is a better character without playing the Crisis Core game. I hope there will be more emphasis on Zack in the FF7 remake.

I think Cloud is a more interesting character overall than Zack- but they are both pretty good fighters in Final Fantasy 7. I think Zack and Cloud both arouse your curiosity overall though, and below the video points out some their character traits- good and bad !

You said it right! But still, every one of us have different way of playing and in this case, Zack and Cloud are both good.
Yup! I should also finish Final Fantasy VII first before giving my opinion on this. It will be unfair for Cloud if I just sided with Zack without first knowing his whole story. I think I am still halfway through Final Fantasy VII and aside from the half of the game, I only know Cloud through Advent Children.

If I will compare their personalities to Anime characters.... Zack is Naruto and Cloud is Sasuke. Which means Zack have more personality than the super silent Cloud Strife.

Both characters of Zack and Cloud are very good in both appearance, attitude and fighting skills. It's really hard for me to choose between the two of them but I think I'm a more fan of Cloud than Zack but I would love to have the two of them in my team.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I'm a full fan of Cloud even though there are some things I still need Square Enix to change about his appearance and weapon (Sword). Anything other than that, I'm completely good with Cloud, his strength is top notch and his fight with Sephiroth was one of the greatest fights in the FF 7.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Absolutely! To fight with Sephiroth was really great in FF7

I completely fell in love with the fight between Cloud and Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII. I couldn't get enough of watching the fight over and over again without getting bored, that shows how good that scene was.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Well said, Heatman! Yeah, I agree. That scene was really good.

A remake of the Final Fantasy 7 is just around the corner, so let's wait and see how good it's going to be. I'm already getting jitters in anticipation for it.