Yu Yu Hakusho 30th Anniversary Box Set Coming This January

Staff member
Thirty years ago, Yusuke Urameshi sacrificed his life to save another and was rewarded with the job of Spirit Detective. Now Yusuke lives on in the form of the Yu Yu Hakusho 30th Anniversary Box Set, newly announced by Crunchyroll for a January 2023 release.
The box set will include all four seasons and 112 episodes of the original Yu Yu Hakusho, remastered in HD on multiple Blu-Rays. All the special features from the previous home releases will be replicated and there will be some new content too, such as two never-before-dubbed OVAs with the original cast, and over 90 minutes of other special features. Here’s the full list:

Yu Yu Hakusho – 30th Anniversary Box Set Exclusives

30th Anniversary artwork

Two Never-Before-Dubbed OVAs

Yu Yu Hakusho – 30th Anniversary Box Set Special Features

Yu Yu Hakusho: Looking Back at a Legacy

Yu Yu Hakusho: Behind the Design

Yu Yu Hakusho Trading Card Game Revisited

Episode 63 Video Commentary

Episode 99 Remixing Yu Yu Hakusho...

Continue reading...

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
I am such a huge fan I would like Smile Bomb to be played on my funeral.

Look at my Avatar. I had been a huge fan of the series but I hate how rushed the ending is. At least it is finished unlike Hunter X Hunter whose future is very uncertain.

fun bridge monkey
I would like this to have a remake because the animation didnt age well and younger generations refuse to watch anything meant for a Square screen.

The people I tell about this anime constantly say things like "Ew that animation is so old, it's not as good as Jujutsu Kaisen or demon slayer," but they don't know what they're missing out on. The animation in Yu Yu Hakusho, despite its age, is superior to that of any modern popular anime. All the way from the introduction to the characters to the themes to the plot to the battle scenes and beyond! My undying devotion to this anime and also DBZ.

During the funeral scene for Yusuke, I remember crying while watching the first episode of Yu Yu Hakusho. At the height of my adolescent angst and depression, I came close to taking my own life on numerous occasions, convinced that no one would miss me. Normally I can hold it together, but the first episode of this show brought me to tears. Like many others, I recognized aspects of myself in Yusuke, and even after only watching the pilot episode, I was inspired to take stock of my own life and give thanks to the people who have been there for me. In all seriousness, I appreciate this beyond words. When I saw that opening, I knew I had found my new favorite show, complete with my new favorite characters.

There aren't many other anime that utilize their supporting characters as well, in my opinion. The Dark Tournament, which features a 2v2 final match, is the most known arc in the series, and Kuwabara plays a vital role as both a motivator and supporter. By highlighting the need of surrounding yourself with individuals who are lesser than you, Yuyu Hakusho addressed the problem of power creep that afflicts many anime series. There isn't a contemporary TV show that I can think of that gives its supporting performers such important parts. The characters in Yuyu Hakusho, who are shown to have actual flaws and who are rewarded for their achievements, are what really make it my favorite, even though I like the fights, the powers, and the overall structure of the series. Not just Yusuke, but the entire group has made such great progress and stands out as the best anime team. I love that this compilation have some new content.

Yu Yu Hakusho was one of the first anime titles I ever watched, and because of the memories it evokes, it holds a particular place in my heart. The connections people have with one another are what guide them when they're lost. Another anime that seems as real and intimate, where you get to see the characters actually change throughout the course of the program, escapes my mind.

Saikyou no Boukensha
I am not happy how it ended but At least the antagonists in the show made sense. The antagonists weren't your normal bad people. They were very complicated in subtle ways. The tale was outstanding, and the voice performers did a terrific job. I intend to binge again this weekend.

I'll eat you..
I do not like how female characters are treated on this show. Botan is a freaking Grim Ripper yet she is useless and cannot fend for herself. Keiko, Chizuru and Yukina are also useless. The only useful female in this show is Gekai. The rest are stupid damsels in distress.