I don't have low self esteem.
Hello guys. I've just received an email from YouTube concerning one of my videos..
Dear SushiSunshine2000,

Your video, [Dreamcast] Crazy Taxi (Session 1, Part 1), may have content that is owned or licensed by Sony ATV Publishing.

No action is required on your part; however, if you're interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

Basically that was a clip of the video game Crazy Taxi, and it had music from The Offspring and Bad Religion.

This is the first time I've ever got a message from YouTube regarding copyright stuff.

I went and read more about this thing and basically it's still available to watch but it's got this ad on it that you can click off.

Did anybody else get any similar messages from YouTube? I'm assuming some of you are using copyrighted stuff for reviews of Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, toys, etc and they're copyrighted.

Welcome
Hello guys. I've just received an email from YouTube concerning one of my videos..

Basically that was a clip of the video game Crazy Taxi, and it had music from The Offspring and Bad Religion.

This is the first time I've ever got a message from YouTube regarding copyright stuff.

I went and read more about this thing and basically it's still available to watch but it's got this ad on it that you can click off.

Did anybody else get any similar messages from YouTube? I'm assuming some of you are using copyrighted stuff for reviews of Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, toys, etc and they're copyrighted.

3 strikes, you're out.I've gotten a message on my previous YT channel because I posted some KR clips.
After you strike out, assemble a new Gmail and a YouTube and get back in the game.You can also just make a new one once you get 2 strikes and announce it to your subscribers and fans.

Banned
The Content ID robots only really go after Music and Video from series. Toy reviews and etc are targeted way less (if at all).

I have had accouts get banned because Avex Trax took offense to me using Sentai music in videos i made. Fuji TV took down another because i had Gamecenter CX in a few videos.

This was before i learned about Fair Use. Basically if the Music or Footage is in a video for Reviewal or Satirical purposes, the copyright holder can't take that video down legally, and if they do you can challenge and overturn it.

So if i'm talking about some gaming news and i overlay some of "Nobody's Perfect Jazz Edit" on it to give it a soft tone, they can't slap me with a copyright?