"You're Next" Smarter Slasher Horror - Film Review

Administrator
Staff member
You're Next is an energetic, fun, somewhat smarter than average slasher horror film with delightfully dark humor in the vein of the Evil Dead films. It's one of those movies that you'll want to see in a theater with a great audience.
In You're Next, the Davison family is attacked by home invaders...
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited:
I was looking forward to watching this movie as it had higher ratings then previous slasher films. I am not a fairly big fan of gory films though, so if it is similar to Evil Dead I may just give it a skip or watch it with friends so I won't feel as bad.

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely watch it with friends. It's more fun that way anyway. I saw it with my husband and a good audience.

Cool, my boyfriends wants to see it but the posters looked lame so I'm glad to see a positive review and to hear it has a sense of humor. I've gotten incredibly bored of the wave of too-serious horror that we've seen in the past few years.

Administrator
Staff member
...And all of the supernatural horror films. It feels like there have been a lot of those lately.

I thought it was a rather solid film. While I didn't care much for the casting for some reason, the overall film had a solid production quality and a polish to it. It wasn't some big overblown star studded blockbuster, but it wasn't some shoestring budget direct to video movie either. It definitely hit a lot of the right notes for fans of the slasher genre. I like that it stayed somewhat more traditional in it's story line, rather than being all too meta like Scream, and it wasn't really going for a M. Night Shamalyan surprise ending either.