Denki-Gai. I nearly gave this spot to Barakamon, which is done very well despite having a very old premise.
Hmm, now that Denki-Gai has finished I'm not so sure it deserved to be ahead of Barakamon. Both left me wanting more, but Barakamon felt like a natural place to end while Denki-Gai just ran out of episodes. :redface2:
Yeah, the latter episodes were all space battles. I honestly found the sequences tedious time-wasters. I liked it though.
well, most of it.
The protagonist characters just never really grew on me and at the time I stopped watching it didn't feel like the plot was going anywhere. At that point, spectacle was all it had left to offer and it wasn't doing that.
1. Gundam Build Fighters Try
I watched the first two or three episodes of the first Build Fighters series, but I wasn't convinced by the whole "fighting our toys is serious business" and there wasn't actually much in the way of battling going on. But I've heard good things about those shows so I might re-visit them someday.
That's because they decided to showcase something not in the manga, but then never followed through with it. It was the ending to the Escaflowne movie all over again.
They slightly rescued them this week, or at the very least made it so episode 12's lame move was not their last appearance. I think Crystal is better on a technical level than the original anime (I especially like Crystal's soundtrack) but it lacks the characterisation to stand on it's own. Mercury, Mars, Jupitar and Venus are essentially a single combined character.