Hm...couple reviews of Young Justice.

To each their own, but IMO the first one overestimates the good points, while the second one overstates the bad parts.

The far bigger problem over "*gasp* girls baking cookies for BOYS" (...seriously....I've actually read Teen Titans...Miss Martian seems like she'd bake cookies...I'm sorry?) or "no girl characters until episode 3" (in which the girl is the focus point of the episode and both comes up with the idea to and takes out the bad guy almost entirely by herself) is that these characters, Aqualad and Megan aside, are rather unlikeable. Even Robin. I like quips but...FUNNY quips.

Meanwhile...to compare Avengers: EHM to this...overarching plots are neat and all, but they don't make a show great on their own. YJ feels like the DCU in a single comic book, where there's far too much going on sometimes and we could use a spin-off. Avengers has a large cast too, but I feel like I've actually gotten to know everybody important...mainly because they didn't throw the X-Men at me in the first episode and then take them away (while keeping them around in offhand mentions and secret identity conversations).

I think I fall squarely in the middle of those two reviews, which is new for me.

Speaking of that...the Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne scene is my favorite of this series so far. Am I a bad person for this?

Nice post!!
I don't mind that Miss Martian bakes cookies for boys. I mind that she's overall a pretty terrible and dislikable character, though.

(She's also a terrible character in the comics, but in a totally different and unrelated way.)

This may just be me but I think a problem people are having is that they aren't viewing everything as though they are Superboy. Superboy is meant to be our point of reference, in that not only is everything new and mysterious to him (like it is to us) but he is also working with this set of expectations of the world.

Most of what we have seen so far of the characters have been rather superficial, which I believe is intentional. Take Wally for example, for the first few episodes he was this insufferable twit but since the Fate episode when we got to actual character for him he hasn't been as grating. In fact the scene with Flash birthday party was probably a highlight for me. But let's also take Dick and that one scene in Downtime, we learn a good deal about about him. He strives for approval from Bruce and pushes himself to extremes for it but he covers this up when he is around others so they don't take pity on him. The series seems to be taking a slow approach to revealing who these characters really are, which I like since gives me something to look forward to each week.

Also who the **** has issue with anyone ever baking cookies. I love baking cookies. Baking is awesome!

Hello Megan!

Hello Megan!

Hello Megan!

Hello Megan!

SHUT THE **** UP!!! YOU RUIN EPISODES!!!!

Although I liked the part when Kid Flash was touching himself.

Nice post!!
This may just be me but I think a problem people are having is that they aren't viewing everything as though they are Superboy.

Well... Superboy is not really a good choice for a point-of-view character. He's bizarrely socialized, was grown in a tube, and was at one point trained to be a living weapon. He has potential to be fascinating but people won't identify with a guy like this right away.

None of the Young Justice crew are particularly good point-of-view characters, sadly. They're all too reliant on a particular gimmick or an outlandish backstory. Even Robin puts a bit too much emphasis on the "laughing Daredevil" characterization to make him a good reference point.

Well point-of-view character or reference point may be the wrong term, my vocabulary is limited. It may be better to say that Superboy embodies the viewers to a certain extent, while he may not be a point-of-view character his knowledge and assumptions about the world does mirror that of audience at times. My point was that viewers are like Superboy in that our knowledge of this world is slowly being unveiled to us.

Anyway this may have just been me but after this episode I am guessing that "Hello Megan" is actually some type of mental trigger. Since you notice as soon as "Hello Megan" was said Miss Martian switched over to English. I am actually really looking forward to Megan's backstory being revealed, since I get the feeling hers is going to be radically different than her comic's counterpart.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well, I like the part where Artemis told Kid Flash to "Stop touching himself!":laugh:

That made me laugh.