In Justice, We Trust!
The game is coming out the same day as FF13...that probably won't help it's sales any...

I'll probably buy Yakuza 3 over FF13 though, I have no interest what so ever in FF13.

Really wish they'd bring this over to the 360.

The series has a small but dedicated fanbase outside of japan, financially speaking, it would be suicide to do anything more than a localization. A game like this is one of those 'if you want it, get the console it's on' games. Same for Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) 4.

Interesting that this game is coming stateside the week before the next installment hits japan.

I'll probably buy Yakuza 3 over FF13 though

Get it while you can before it becomes impossible to find.

Lurker
I have pre-ordered this game from my local game shop.

You can do so many things in this game, with so many mini games and sub-missions.

I hope they bring Yakuza 4 over too.

I think it's financial suicide to release the game on a console with the smallest fanbase AND during a time when the PS3's heaviest hitters are landing. Putting it out on the 360 could only get it more sales.

In Justice, We Trust!
Get it while you can before it becomes impossible to find.

*sigh* yeah I know, I have a feeling I should pre order.

But with everyone getting FF13 on that day, I'm thinking I probably don't have any worries...

I think it's financial suicide to release the game on a console with the smallest fanbase AND during a time when the PS3's heaviest hitters are landing. Putting it out on the 360 could only get it more sales.

You fail to realize though, that they would have to spend a fair amount of money to port this over to the 360. Probably more so than the game itself would bring in sales. Yakuza 3 is getting a bare bones release here. Sega's releasing it because of fan demand, but they're not spending anything more than they have to in order to bring it.

Is this game similar to Shenmue? I remember part 1 coming out, but never bought it because I was focusing on the next gen systems already. Didn't know part 2 had come out at all.

Is this game similar to Shenmue? I remember part 1 coming out, but never bought it because I was focusing on the next gen systems already. Didn't know part 2 had come out at all.

The games are somewhat in the Shenmue style, yes. And part two came out under the radar, so a lot of people didn't know about it until they saw it in stores.