Treasure Cards of the Underworld
X Universe series

So, with the newest game X Rebirth literally less than a week away from being launched, I thought I'd try and gauge a bit of opinions on the games here. :B Anyone played them before? Like 'em? Hate 'em? Why, why not?

For those who don't know, X is a series of space simulator games by German developer Egosoft. The first game was released 1999, though some blunders with outside-Europe-publishers caused the game to gain little remarkable mention outside the European market, initially. Unlike the sequels, X²: the Threat and X³: Reunion and it's expansion packs. (X-pansion packs? )
The series' tagline is "Trade. Fight. Build. Think", and that's pretty well what ya gotta do. The Universe is full of space stations that produce goods - and they need resources for that, which are produced elsewhere, and so on. So you gotta buy these resources and sell them elsewhere. They serve little other purpose for the player, at least initially.
Building your trade empire, you'll come across space pirates, evil Xenon and other weird and lethal aliens from beyond the known universe, so you gotta watch out, maybe even defend yourself if you can afford the ship to do so.

I remember playing the first game, X: Beyond the Frontier, back when I was like, 10 or so. I had no idea what I was doing but the universe's depth (as in, the amount of lore) did fascinate me.
Recently, I discovered the X Superbox on Steam and, well, been playing through those games since then. Currently on X-Tension as a sort of training-preparation for X², currently in Teladi space with a Boron Dolphin saving up for a fighter so I can go on and earn the Split people's respect.

SO, any opinions on them there games from around here?

Also, good god, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ShZh0wPthE"]the new game looks freaking amazing, visually.[/ame]

Last edited:
Lurker
i was under the impression this topic is talking about the WiiU monolith "Xeno" game when i entered it...:disappoin