I'm really interested in seeing your replies to this:

I just watched episode 11, and something interesting caught my attention. Do you agree with Philip calling Shoutarou half-boiled because he wanted to save Kurosu?

And if you were Shoutarou, would you save Kurosu or let him die?

AND... moral dilemnas in my Kamen Rider??? Inconceivable!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

PARTY HARD
Shotarou has a point though. Revenge is never the answer for anything, since in the end, you'll feel bad about what you've done.

I was surprised by the words coming out of Phillip's mouth, saying that Kurosu should die for what he has done. True, Kurosu is scum, not calling for help after accidentally running over the girl and laughing about it, even taunting the boy after the car was beaten up. Anyone would see it like that.

But think of it like this, if the boy successfully killed Kurosu, will he feel better for what he (and the Dopant) had done? Will his sister still love him for what he did? A human life, no matter how good or bad that person is, is precious at least to one other person. No one has that right to take away a life and call it justice.

Nice post!!
I found it an interesting exchange primarily on a character level. It demonstrated that Philip was much colder and more calculating than Shotaro, who was basically sympathetic to the problems of other people. Even a shitty guy like Kurosu deserved to have his basic humanity respected in Shotaro's eyes, even if Shotaro clearly didn't give a damn when Kurosu thanked him (as W) after the battle.

I would say you could call either of them "right." Shotaro was clearly more interested in keeping the kid from killing anyone else than saving Kurosu specifically. Philip is probably correct that Fuuto would be better off if Kurosu got himself into a traffic accident. The specifics of the situation, however, called for W to intervene and stop the Virus Dopant as quickly as possible. That happened to mean that saving Kurosu was both possible and advisable.

Not as many replies as I hoped for, but it was still interesting to see what you guys thought.

And I dunno if it's just me, but it's good to have Kamen Rider make its audience (aka us) think deeper once in awhile instead of being drawn in solely for the explosions and fights.

PARTY HARD
Well, of course. Every story isn't heavily based on the action and effects, but the meaning behind it. Of course, some people (namely my Podcast group) admit that it's not important to know what it's about and prefer about the techs of it, like the effects, action, and fighting, etc.