You might have heard it before or seen it in a commercial on TV: Milk and dairy products can help you lose weight. Can dairy really help tip the scales in your favor? It seems so. I took a look at the research out there and found a fairly significant number of studies, both in humans and animals, linking increased intake of low-fat dairy products to weight loss.

all details @
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/weightloss/73/got-milk-for-weight-loss/

It stinks.
Meh, it's still wise to excercise and eat healthy than just drinking milk.

boogie woogie feng shui
Basically this article is saying "getting enough calcium helps you lose weight," which is obvious; getting the necessary amount of nutrients will always help your body perform more efficiently. I wouldn't buy too much into this, dairy is one of the most fattening food groups and one that needs to be taken the most in moderation (why do you think people get so fat eating extra cheese on everything?). Not saying you can't drink milk, but don't drink more of it for this particular purpose.

Milk is a great bulking food, though. :laugh:

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I work at Starbucks. So I generally drink about 5 chai lattes in the course of an 8-hour shift... Not to mention, I'm a milk drinker at home, too! Might be why I only weigh a buck 25. :p