Some kind of Beast mode
Dropping this series is the smartest and best move you will ever make in regards to Sentai. This is the most god-awful super sentai I had ever seen in my entire life. It's boring and dumb and just a waste of time and talent.

People say Go-ongers is bad, I say that Go-ongers is battlestar galactica compared to Goggle V.

Wow...Really?

I have never heard anyone say something about a Sentai like this before.

They call her one-eye
Wow...Really?

I have never heard anyone say something about a Sentai like this before.

Honestly, It's probably not THAT bad, it's a bad sentai, but it wouldn't make your eyes bleed or anything. It's been a seriously long time since I watched it but I hated every second of it.

I just have an unabashed hate for this show. I do think it's the worst Super sentai. watch the other seasons first before heading to this. Sun Vulcan and Battle Fever J are a ton better then this one. save it for last.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
I feel like every sentai deserves a chance.
This = Truth.

No offense Jacky, but 2 episodes really isn't giving the show a fair chance considering it means you've only watched 4% of the series. There are a lot of shows out there, of many various genres, that are great but that started off really slow with a few uninteresting episodes. If you really get the feeling the the show just isn't your personal cup of tea that's one thing, and if you had a least watched, say, the first 10 episodes, that'd be a different story altogether (because then you would have seen a more significant portion of the series). But to say that it's outright "pathetic" after only watching 2 episodes...it makes it look like you're not really willing to give it a fair chance.

Banned
This = Truth.

No offense Jacky, but 2 episodes really isn't giving the show a fair chance considering it means you've only watched 4% of the series. There are a lot of shows out there, of many various genres, that are great but that started off really slow with a few uninteresting episodes. If you really get the feeling the the show just isn't your personal cup of tea that's one thing, and if you had a least watched, say, the first 10 episodes, that'd be a different story altogether (because then you would have seen a more significant portion of the series). But to say that it's outright "pathetic" after only watching 2 episodes...it makes it look like you're not really willing to give it a fair chance.

:buttrock:

Twitter - @MisturYellow
If you went back and tried to get interested in Doctor Who by watching the first few episodes of the first series, you'd be extremely bored, but jumping into a few of the better episodes later on of each series, you'd be more interested. Then you can go back and watch those other episodes.

Nice post!!
I do think a show's first few episodes are obligated to try to at least set up an interesting premise. I can accept that the premise won't be dealt with immediately in a year-long show, but I like to know it's there.

That said, I always felt Goggle V's premise was fine. It's a show very much of its time and it does need to be approached that way if you want to get any enjoyment out of it.

It's definitely not a vintage show like Liveman or Flashman that's going to be very accessible if you're mostly used to the modern Sentai formula. Goggle V tried out some truly weird ideas that successors ultimately dropped.

I think getting to see the weird experiments is what makes those shows fun, though. It shows you how Sentai kind of ended up with the modern formula it uses now, basically through decades of trial and error.

I know it's unfair to judge a series as a whole by just two episodes, but usually by the second episode, I'd be pulled in but not on this series. :disappoin the first episode was so rushed, Akama was established too quickly, the other chosen members agree to become heroes too immediately and how did they know how to summon Goggle Robo within one episode? okay, maybe Computer Boys and Girls explained to them beforehand, but still... :disappoin

Dropping this series is the smartest and best move you will ever make in regards to Sentai. This is the most god-awful super sentai I had ever seen in my entire life. It's boring and dumb and just a waste of time and talent.

People say Go-ongers is bad, I say that Go-ongers is battlestar galactica compared to Goggle V.

as much as I find this series boring, I wouldn't say the Go-ongers are better. the members in Goggle Five would definitely kick their asses. :loltongue:

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
I don't know, but this is the same reaction when I saw a few episodes many years ago... I think the gymnastics thingy is not my cup of tea back then. But I like their robo. No offense intended. I might give this series a chance next time.