Would you watch an anime SS or KR if it ran concurrently with its live-action version

Just wondering. I don't really care to give up my live-action stuff since there's so few of them compared to anime, but I figured I'd ask the question:

Would you watch an anime version of Kamen Rider, or Super Sentai, if they ran concurrently with the live-action one for a year? Like, maybe for an anniversary they decided to do dual series.

Assume that the anime version takes advantage of one thing or another that would REALLY pull you into looking at it.

Like, say...a giant crossover series where they don't want to show the actors as old, but they want to do stuff like Abaranger vs. Zyuranger or Turboranger vs. Carranger (in different arcs) so they call all they can back to VA.

Who's against it? Why? Who's for it? Again, why?

Nice post!!
It would seem a little pointless to me. Seeing a KR anime could be neat to see the manga tackled from the ground up, letting seiyuu get a crack at playing the characters. You wouldn't get that out of a crossover.

A Super Sentai anime... would just be Voltes V, but probably not as good. Why bother? The fun of Super Sentai is the live-action spectacle, everything about the stories was done by anime a long time ago.

It would seem a little pointless to me. Seeing a KR anime could be neat to see the manga tackled from the ground up, letting seiyuu get a crack at playing the characters. You wouldn't get that out of a crossover.

A Super Sentai anime... would just be Voltes V, but probably not as good. Why bother? The fun of Super Sentai is the live-action spectacle, everything about the stories was done by anime a long time ago.

Well henshin hero died in anime long ago, with exceptions here and there. But its easier on the budget for your more fantastic ideas, methinks. Like an underwater Sentai, or one set in Space where they're constantly on different planets and no one knows what an "Earth" is.

I'd watch these in live-action too, but we're a decade or more from SFX being cheap enough to do for 50 episodes.

Nice post!!
Nah, there's still henshin hero stuff, or at least henshin-hero-like stuff. It's not like Tatsunoko's reign of terror in the 70s, but there was a Casshern series just a couple years ago.

I haven't seen the "underwater" version from anime, but I'm positive the "in space" concept was animated sometime in the 70s or 80s. Yamato made doing just about any standard premise in space more marketable.

is Mayor of Farmville

That...or Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman.

Speaking of which...I need to see the movie revival of the show. :p

Nice post!!
Gatchaman is what you'd get for a Super Sentai that wasn't using a robot, yes!

Nah, there's still henshin hero stuff, or at least henshin-hero-like stuff. It's not like Tatsunoko's reign of terror in the 70s, but there was a Casshern series just a couple years ago.

I did say exceptions here and there. :) Though when I wrote that, I was thinking more of Tentai Senshi Sunred. But that's different from an official animated Super Sentai.

I haven't seen the "underwater" version from anime, but I'm positive the "in space" concept was animated sometime in the 70s or 80s. Yamato made doing just about any standard premise in space more marketable.

Well really, if you take away the henshin sequences, it has been done. It was called "Go Lion". :D

But if Sentai can visit the martial arts well as many times as it has, and the dino and ninja wells the two times it has, then anime can give us another Sentai series in space.

Another series I'd love to see tackled: A Sky Sentai. Where they're based out of an aerial kingdom and all the battles take place in midair. This is a series I'd prefer to see live-action, but they really don't have the budget just yet to manage it.

Super Moderator
A toku version Gatchaman would be the ever-lovin schznit! Yes, I think this warrants metal-horns so say I and so shall it be done. :buttrock: :castlerock: But you know, I'm not biased or anything.

Myself I think there would be something cool about doing Kamen Rider or Super Sentai anime because it would neat the ideas geared for the medium. Something I would love to see is to revisit the idea and the retrotastic artstyle of the Kikaida anime only with less angstwank and more heroics and action.

Doing Rider 1's story as an awesome and well done anime would be sweet revenge for how lousy The First and Next are.

Some kind of Beast mode
If it was the same as the current season, naaaaaaaah. If it was an oldie, yeah.