Someday...once more
i am quite the science fiction afaciendo. from what i understand of KR Faiz, the series is hard score sci-fi, like blade runner or 2001. is this assumption logaical? if so, is the series recommendable?

HEROW
Almost all KR shows are Sci-Fi, so no problems there. But if you're big fan of techie stuff, then you'll love 555.

Someday...once more
in regards to heisi riders, to me, they're more fantasy based. kuuga and blade for examples. showa riders, are straight forward scifi imao.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I wouldn't say Faiz is Blade Runner-esque, but its definitely the most Sci-Fi of Heisei.

I'd recommend it. It's quite the show to watch if you can handle it.

Someday...once more
i've seen two episodes of abaranger, which aired at the same time as faiz. i saw episode 1 and the christmas episode and its seems pretty deep in terms of scifi, what with a parallel universe of robot dinosaurs and all. i'd like the see the two shows consequetively, is abaranger worth it?

Last edited:
Supaidaman!
It's a perfectly fine watch. There's plenty going on as far as the story goes; and the secondary Rider is as close to an anti-hero as you'd find. That being said he's also the hugest bastard in any Rider Series ever so the stuff be pulls probably WILL make you want to hurt someone at some point.

Overall it's pretty grim tone wise - it's a little more complex than good vs evil, good wins with justice and Rider kicks.

Oh, and expect poor communication kills. Lots of them.

I recently finished Faiz, and i can say it is my favorite series and Takumi is my favorite Rider. It beats out Double for me(this coming from a self-proclaimed Ishinomori fanboy).
Sometimes a comical and calm slice-of-life, sometimes horror, a mystery playing throughout. Its a story of a monster clinging to his humanity, people who try to desperately throw it away, and a passing by Kamen Rider 6 years before Decade did it.
The series implements fantastic cimetography, fore shadowing, and drama.
Be warned this series isn't afraid of killing its cast, which only adds to the suspense(for me anyway)

I must warn you, Faiz's ending isn't on par with the series. Without giving spoilers, one could asume the writers planned on a sequal that didn't happen.
(It turns my stomach on account I LOVED what happened before, if a show like Kiva had that ending i wouldn't mind that much imo)

Oh, and expect poor communication kills. Lots of them.
Yeah, that Kaixa is a real bastard:redface2:

Last edited:
Faiz has strong tech. and I suppose that does translate into a Sci-fi vibe. You could say it's a worthy choice, but when I think of Sci-fi, I think of everyone having that kind of tech. Not just the heroes or villains. Dekaranger does a better job of being Sci-fi to me.

Should you still watch? I'd like to say so. Yes, I'll admit the story has more holes than your average 20s-era gangster victim, and as I've said before what story it does have isn't very memorable. Really what people love is the characters. and since the series is the only place we can find them, well...you get the idea.

*shrugs* look into it if it's peaked your interest. W is also worthwhile for a bit of sci-fi. You may find sparse pickings though. Both now and in the near future. It seems like right now, all the things that we as a society thought were going to be high-tech/sci-fi are coming to pass. And I don't know if we've yet imagined the next generation of datapads, phasers, unlisted walls, and the like yet. Games like Mass Effect and Halo are making good headway, but I'm not sure that they've produced anything quite as iconic as what we had in the past.