Would you like Final Fantasy XVI to have male lead or a female lead?

On 13 we have a female lead character with Lightning.

In 15 we have a male character with Noctis.

By far there are only 4 female leads in Final Fantasy series.

Terra in VI
Yuna in X-2
Lightning in 13 and Lightning returns
Serah in 13-2

We may say Ashe might count as one since she is the focal point of 12 even though she is not the main character.

I want to know what character gender would you prefer for the main character of the next game.

I like female leads but for me it doesn't matter if it's a male or female, what matter to me is a fleshed out character with cool personality and deep backstory. I also want a main who is likable so please no more characters like Lightning and Vaan.

We have 5 dudes and no playable female in XV so It is timely to have a female lead for XVI

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't really matter, what matter is that its going to be a good game with great story. Maybe we can have a customizable main character just like Final Fantasy 14 but this on a single player rpg with actual storymode.

We always have male leads and only 2 games in the mainline have female leads so its about time to have a female lead again. 7 remake and 15 have both male leads so I want to have a girl again.

Mai

I am super secure with my sexuality that a character's gender won't affect me. I know many people who are afraid their masculinity will be crushed if they choose a female character.

Administrator
Staff member
I am super secure with my sexuality that a character's gender won't affect me. I know many people who are afraid their masculinity will be crushed if they choose a female character.
I have a friend who refuses to play female characters, so I love destroying him in fighting games with female characters. He played all Final Fantasy except 10-2 and 13 because he doesn't like female characters. In 6, he didn't use Terra at all. His party is all sausage fest. You can imagine how much he loves 15.

So your friend is not secure of his sexuality because he thinks emasculated to play a female character or have a female team mate? He doesn't know what he is missing because many of the best games of all time have female main characters. I heard men who refuses female characters like male characters because they see the male character as an extension of themselves. Me I just see them as avatars to control.

I want a female character for the next game so the character won't be compared with Cloud with 7 remake coming first. The protagonist of FF16 will be compared to Cloud if he is male.

Does it really matter? All that matter is that it's a good game with a rich and deep story and the gameplay should be fun. This is why 7 is legendary.