Would it be better if all toku was handed over to Tsuburaya?

Now Demonic
I think Toei should hand Metal Heroes over to Tsuburaya... if only because they aren't doing anything with them right now.

It's over 8,000!
Tsuburaya is great for the respect it has for the series. The don't forget the past but they move forward. The actors enjoy their jobs and they're willing to return.

The suits hold back the fighting, but it's gotten better since Dyna. Even then, it's more about the story than hitting a kaiju multiple times.

Tsuburaya could also make more tokusatsu than Ultraman and it will do fine.

I can see why someone would say this. Tsuburaya is to Toei what Star Trek is to Star Wars. One is just handled with better care and isn't trying too hard to rush out new shows, though I am sure there is just as much Ultraman merch out there for Tsuburaya to participate in the annual show race with Toei (Maybe the Ultra franchise isn't as popular in Japan? Someone please inform me). I think anyone making a comment for Tsubaraya is compairing the Mebius team up special (or any specials like it) with Decade. Toei may not have had many choices when it came to characters they HAD to recast, but there is still a lot of other things that need to be answered for, and a lot that is left to be desired.

My only thing is, if Tsuburaya were to make Kamen Rider and Super Sentai on top of Ultraman, how would they handle it? Realistically, I can see them making it a joint venture with the production teams at Toei, but on their own? Would they try to push all the shows out at once? Would they want to slow down the release of each series to give us something a little better? Would they focus on one show individually, thus making us wait one year for a Sentai show, another for a Kamen Rider show, another for an Ultra show, and so on in that pattern? Would they frequent movies for those three franchises at random intervals? What would we be seeing?

Absolutely not, Tsuburaya is great at story telling, but **** if the fight choreography could use work.

Actually, I always thought this was more of an artistic thing. I always thought, instead of a straight up brawl, the Ultras would fight a little slower to draw out the monster's weaknesses or find the best way to beat them. Or maybe it was their interpretation of how fast the battles would be moving if we were witnessing them in real-time.
Well, I will say that the battles are getting a lot better now that they are using more CGI.

Doing what the title of this thread says would be a dream come true, but I would love to see Toei try to improve themselves, rather than just relinquish their tokusatsu superhero legacy.

I grew very skeptical of Toei in the late 90s, when I saw better stuff coming from Tsuburaya and Daiei, and even Toho! But when the 2000's rolled along, it was worse; I noticed Toei was being more and more cynical. Just watch Devilman and Masked Rider the First. Especially the former movie, where the producer fired the whole initial creative staff (especially veteran suitmaker Shin'ichi Wakasa, who was slated to do Devilman and monster makeup/suits!), and opted to do something as disjointed and crass as humanly possible. The First was a little better, but that was pretty crass, too (I didn't like the new Shocker, which felt rather shoehorned; a rapper, some office lady, and random footage of Hideyo Amamoto as Dr. Shinigami? I'm just not feeling it...), and there was far more focus on supporting characters instead of the main characters (even more so than in Masked Rider ZO)! While only slightly better than the newer Rider Series, it was still a waste of good talent. It could've been a lot better. (I've seen fan-made edits of this and Masked Rider the Next that greatly improved both films!)

I simply think Toei needs an overhaul. Get rid of the current regime, and replace it with one that cares about the shows. Maybe they can revive old genres (like, you know, the Metal Hero Series), or they can try some new ideas (like Toho and Takara/Tomy did, with the Chouseishin Series and the Tomica Hero series, respectively; both surpassed anything Toei had to offer). We need a new Tooru Hirayama or Susumu Yoshikawa, not an exec who carelessly makes these shows to appeal strictly to Johnny-Come-Lately hipsters and alienate the nostalgic fanbase. (Compare the newer Ultra Series, where all past Ultramen are relevant to the stories, to the newer Masked Rider Series, where the appearance of the old Riders is almost totally "Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am," as though Toei didn't want them to appear, and they have about as much relevance to the plot as anything in Godzilla Final Wars!)

Toei also needs to have more moderation over Bandai, as opposed to letting them do all of the work. Push Bandai around a little! They can be more cooperative. Works for Tsuburaya!

It's a tall order. But I can dream, can't I?

We need a new Tooru Hirayama or Susumu Yoshikawa, not an exec who carelessly makes these shows to appeal strictly to Johnny-Come-Lately hipsters and alienate the nostalgic fanbase.

I don't... this makes no sense. The regularly-finite-series format of all tokusatsu series means this happens anyway. After a period of time, there will always be something new. It's great that you were entertained by their productions and may have actually spent money on its merch. They still owe you nothing. And frankly, the very second that any production company starts thinking otherwise is the second that company has failed.

I have nothing against the rest of your post, but this smacks of some classic oldbie elitism right here.

If Tsuburaya were to do that, then it will become a monopoly which isn't good or healthy in any business. While some people don't like how Toei does things today, at least it's different to what Tsuburaya does. Which is how competition works.

It's essentially a monopoly anyway with Toei being the only company releasing shows on a consistent yearly basis. There is no real competition right now. You think the likes of SeiShin Series, Tomica Hero or Ryukendo have a chance against the two Toei giants, Rider and Sentai? Just look at the ratings and sales. Toei is just resting on its laurels and leaving its two remaining franchises in the hands of Bandai, rehashed writers, and rookie models.

That'd be sweet! I could give up Toku and save myself some time. If I have to deal with crappy wrestling-esque fight scenes, the costumes (or stories) would not be enough.

I have nothing against the rest of your post, but this smacks of some classic oldbie elitism right here.

He used the word "hipster" to discuss Toku. So...yep.