Would anyone be interested in an English Ultraman Ace Guide?

So I make books, see, and while my conversational Japanese isn't nearly good enough to subtitle all the various Ultra series that desperately need subtitling, I do have several very comprehensive Japanese-language series guidebooks that I'm fairly confident I could translate given several days and a good dictionary. So what I'm getting at is I'm interested in assembling a limited-edition, English-language guide for my personal favorite series, Ultraman Ace. I know it's probably not everyone's first choice but it's the one I'm most interested in doing this for at the moment. It would consist of detailed synopses of the episodes, plus monster names and statistics, information on the various members and technology of TAC, various M78 lore, etc. The works. With the synopses, it'd basically be the next best thing to watching the series subtitled, so it might well help many of you enjoy the series the same way GFan's detailed Ultra Q guide helped me through that series. It's not quite the same but it's better than nothing, no? :)

Oh and additionally, I'll probably illustrate the whole thing as well.

What I want to know is this: If I manage to keep the price between about $40 to $60, would anyone be interested in placing a pre-order for this? It's going to be a lot of work, so I want to gauge interest before I throw myself into such a big project. If no one's interested, I probably won't bother, but if enough people want it, I'll do it.

Thoughts?

Shyni
Oooh, why not? Although if this is gonna be like a kickstarter, I don't really feel comfortable pledging (for reasons I cannot fully explain). Preordering a product that's pretty much finished besides printing out the physical copies... quite possible.

By the way there's an odd English dub of Ace floating around on the internet, which might prove useful. I haven't seen it, but it's supposedly by a Malaysian company.

Last edited:
Nice post!!
Go for it. Resources like this make it easier to watch the shows when raws become available, which in turn makes it more likely that someone with the right skills will come along and decide to translate a show.