Do you feel you're qualified? Would you consider it? How much do you think you'd need to learn to be a competent employee?

I think I know a game or two. And I am pretty much qualified for the gaming store job. Though considering I am not teen or mid 20s anymore. I am not sure if they are going to hire me. It'd be good job though.

In as much as I'm sure that my qualifications to work at a game store is over 100%, but I seriously doubt that I would agree to the prospect of working in such field. It's not what I envisioned for myself doing in anytime in my life as it's definitely wouldn't give job satisfaction. So therefore, I'm saying a strong no to working in game store.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I think I started playing games at the age of 10 and from the age till now which I'm close to my 30's, I have racked up several games and wonderful experience which I believe would be very useful in getting me to settle well on the job of working in a game store. I know over 60 games and sure to have even played more than that, so I'm going to do well managing a game store.

I think that is a lot of experience. I mean 60 games in shelf. I have crossed 30s and played a lot of games. But as the time goes ahead. I tend not to remember the game. And that is another reason I think it's reasonable to say that video games are not going to be better in that context. I'd say it'd be reasonable to work in such places as it's worth playing and sharing and helping the business.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Seriously, I was so surprised the day I took out time to do an inventory on games that I have stacked up and it's well over 60 games. I vowed not to buy anymore but when something is your hobby, that's going to be a very difficult thing to do. Although I tried cutting down my spending on it recently to accommodate other responsibilities as well.

I have that many games unplayed on steam. And so not going to say much about them. Because buying is easier now but playing requires some time. And time is what I don't have anymore. But job such as this during the old age would be good enough.

You have to be familiar with most video games for you to comfortably work in the video game store. The main reason here is that you will be assisting people who have difficulties in playing some of these games, especailly beginners.

I have read some horror stories about working in a video game store, from pushing products and not getting paid for commissions- that includes memberships and warranties on games and not getting bonuses for pushing extra things, just to keep their jobs. I think though, there could be some good stories out there ?

Now that most of the games are gone digitial. The earning of such store is not much. So I am sure they are making more money off the accessories. And the cost is some factor. So they need bettter sales skills too. So there are going to be change in skills if demand for physical DVD is reduced.