So? Gamel turned a car full of people into Cell Medals, is he a great villain? :laugh:

Seriously though, something like that doesn't automatically mean the person's... to be frank, it's pretty much liking him for dumb reasons.

I was explaining how Phoenix wasn't all talk. That wasn't my sole reason for liking him. I like him for his personality and his actions.

Kamen Rider has demonstrated its ability to be dark multiple times. Most of them were during the Showa era but there are good examples in the Heisei era as well. The ceremony isn't exactly dark even though it is literally. There's nothing that implies they're really trying to kill people, all we've been seeing is the birth of new Phantoms. Killing people is an awful motive for the big bad, it's obvious that there's something else we don't know.

Never said it was the ultimate motive. But seeing people crack and die is not lighthearted. And that dark feeling you think those shows had would not fly today. Times change, what was shown on TV then would not be shown today. Doesn't change that it's still a kids show. If you want dark watch Garo.

That's the point. After 4 uses we have no idea what Dragon is talking about. Haruto's words don't mean anything compared to the Dragon that's giving him the power in the first place.

You expect the effects to take place so soon. Koyomi mentioned the episode right after that the ring still bothered her but Haruto was confident it would be alright. So it will probably happen later. They didn't forget.

How is that a feat? That just proved my point. Beating the crap out of someone who is over 10 times weaker than you is nothing. It's great that he is sadistic but he'd have to demonstrate that sadism on Wizard in order for that to have any significance. Same applies to Phoenix killing a Gate before. He's just all talk and hasn't done crap. He has potential but his power level and accomplishments are nothing. Letting Medusa take control is incredibly cliched and kinda dumb if you think about it. That basically means Phoenix will be her ***** for a while, downplaying him even more.

He did that already episodes 8 and 9 when he was kicking the crap outta him. Did it again in episode 11. The thing is we haven't seen Phoenix go all out yet. And I think your over exaggerating him being scared of Medusa. He's back down a couple of times because she puts him in check we he's not focused but it's not like he's scared to talk back.

Last edited:
Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
We are not all men no. That is a HUGE misconception on your part. That said, as an adult, you should know that the vast majority of the toku we all watch is for children. We enjoy it, we discuss it, some people debate the merits of each show and it's writing/directing.. But in the end we are enjoying shows about dudes in spandex and leather fighting rubber suited monsters. As long as I am having fun with the show I don't care if it's "dark" or comedy.

Maybe and maybe no. I don't think less of a show because the use a power up more often than the un-powered up forms. I only wanted clarity on that part. Some people speak for the fans. It makes even less sense now that you made what you meant clear. What do you mean the cast doesn't care about the form changes. The characters in show care a great deal about those form changes. That is clear in each episode that he gets one.

Yes there is a secret agenda. You just seem to not want to wait for them to tell us what that agenda is. You were not clear in your context.

I meant on this forum, FFS. I am well aware that the target audience for Kamen Rider is children but I am also well aware that there are many grown fans. Kamen Rider has gone out of its way before to appeal to those fans. That is a very valid point but some of us want more and since they've given it to us before, we want it again.

The only time they were really surprised was with Flame Dragon. Even then it wasn't really a "holy ****" moment for the cast, seeing as how in the next episode it was considered old news. When the Hurricane Dragon ring was finished, the cast did care but they really downplayed it as if it were the Smell ring. When he finally used it, Haruto pretty much acted as if he knew exactly what the form was already, which makes some sense but again it really downplayed a form that's supposed to be stronger than one of the big villains.

I can see what you mean seeing as how I'm extremely lacking in patience. My point is that while the goal of world domination is cliched, it's quite obvious that they have another goal in mind but they haven't given a single hint as to what it might be. The problem with that is that I'm constantly asking myself "why are they doing this again? If it's for world domination, why don't they kill Haruto while they still can?"

Aronbafon
That doesn't mean it always have to mainly appeal to the older viewers in terms of setting all the time.

And you can't say we haven't been told things. When was the last time we'd gotten told a lot about the villains?

Compare by episode 12 in the last few years;
W had just done the first real arc showing specifics about the Sonozaki familiy.
OOO didn't really show a lot at this point.
Fourze still left us unknowing regarding motives for Gamou.

But it's the fact it looks like a cliche storyline that actually makes it more interesting to see what happens. Because there's many ways for a story to end out in a world domination like story.

The new Tendou Souji
It sounds to me like you are one of those people that is like "I need everything told to me now. I can not wait to see what happens. I want no surprises. I want all characters to have a set point to their existence at all times no questions"

Oh please, it's not like its Agito and is delicately and wonderfully pacing how to work its story beats. If it was, maybe it wouldn't have say, just dumped the whole "Shunpei may know magic" plot so quickly (then again otoh, keeping it too long could just make another Mutsuki plot which'd prolly be awful so, I dunno).

If you're looking for something full of angst, there's always Faiz.

[hide]
QGR5l.png

ktwTF.png

PR6VS.gif

kV8q1.gif
[/hide]

Yeah... angst.

Banned
Owouldn't have say, just dumped the whole "Shunpei may know magic" plot so quickly .

What are you talking about? That wasn't even the point of his episodes. He never knew magic. He never was supposed to know magic. Did you not watch his intro arc?

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
That doesn't mean it always have to mainly appeal to the older viewers in terms of setting all the time.

And you can't say we haven't been told things. When was the last time we'd gotten told a lot about the villains?

Compare by episode 12 in the last few years;
W had just done the first real arc showing specifics about the Sonozaki familiy.
OOO didn't really show a lot at this point.
Fourze still left us unknowing regarding motives for Gamou.

But it's the fact it looks like a cliche storyline that actually makes it more interesting to see what happens. Because there's many ways for a story to end out in a world domination like story.

I never said that. It's one thing to take my words out of context, it's another thing to claim I said something I didn't. My point is considering how lighthearted and upbeat OOO and Fourze were, you'd expect Wizard to be darker than it is now.

The previous series have told us more than enough about the villains by the 12th episode. I'll give you Fourze because it had even less main villains than Wizard. Gamou was really the only big bad so he was the only one who could give us hints about what the big plan was.

The new Tendou Souji
What are you talking about? That wasn't even the point of his episodes. He never knew magic. He never was supposed to know magic. Did you not watch his intro arc?

I know the whole thing was that he was a gate and that Hellhound was the one really doing the fire magic and blahblahblah. I'm just saying that if they cared at all about pacing, they could have maybe dragged that out over more episodes...

...maybe have him learn more about magic and then around the mid-20s, have him realize that Hellhound was behind it all and that everything up till then had been a lie. Take time showing him come to grips with it and then set up a fight between him and the Phantom.... the best case scenario here would be that Shunpei would unlock his own magic defeating Hellhound and/but, I'm sure Bandai would prolly try to squeeze out another Rider Suit for him (and if it was written delicately enough instead of "Oops, I fell down again!", I wouldn't mind it).

If they dragged that plot point I would of stopped caring. There would be no reason to drag it any longer than they had too. Hell Hound pretty much accomplished his goal but just lost to Wizard in the process. No need to drag that out. I mean if that's works for you that's fine.

The new Tendou Souji
There would be no reason to drag it any longer than they had too.

It's not like I was suggesting to drag it out as long as the whole Mutsuki thing was ('cause geez Louise on that); just mid-20s!early-30s would've been good.