A simple passerby...
I am unclear as to what you mean by "pauses". I mean I am watching Wizard. I have watched every episode so far. The plot is getting fleshed out, we are learning a lot about the characters, and the guest stars have great back stories as well. The arc with the girl that was a scam artist was very well written IMO. I don't want believability in my toku. That is what Bay did to Transformers, and it ruined it. I want crazy guys in Rider suits doing cool things with weapons, their feet and fists, their gear, and all that fun stuff. I could care less if it could happen in the real world. I also don't care about minor mistakes(I haven't seen any that were even note worthy from Wizard yet).

My advice to people that just don't dig wizard or any show after 1/4 of it has aired... Stop watching. Chances are high that you are just not going to like it. Wizard has a plot. A Wizard Kamen Rider saving people from becoming monsters. It is basic now, but I am sure they will expand on more of it later. I don't expect award winning writing from these shows. Wizard is the first Rider series in a while, Double was the last, that really wowed me. I personally can not wait to see what happens next.

Wizard's problem is the main character. Haruto Souma is using cheat codes throughout the entire show. He was a normal person, where does he learn to fight? He was just kidnapped one day, and now he knows how to do all this stunt **** and knows how to do stunts with his bike? I mean c'mon, look at him. He's so damn skinny. It isn't even explained as to how he knew how to fight.

Also, it seems that every time something happens, most of the people we've seen so far have had some sort of connection to Haruto or people he knows. I don't get why the Phantoms would choose people that just coincidentally happen to know each other one way or another, I thought Japan was a much bigger country. Why does every guest actor need to have a role, why can't we have a load of civilians looking terrified and just running away, why can't we have extremely random things, not just have a new Phantom jump up and be like "Yo, I'm ready to make people fall into despair, sign me up.", then bam next thing you know Wizard pops up, saves the day, the bad guys go home and have their "next time we'll get him" speech.

Sorry, but that's too simple. It's too much like an American cartoon show where its a never ending "we'll get you next time!" kinda deal.

They have so much Phantoms already, I think coming together and causing mayhem would make people lose hope better than acting around like idiots.

If kids nowadays can't handle seeing people get stabbed and some blood being spilled occasionally, then I have no hope that they'll have any strength to overcome any form brutality when they witness it.
Good grief! What kind of messed-up kids TV have you been watching?! I've never seen a single kids TV show from any country that would depict characters getting stabbed. Were you disappointed that Bob the Builder never accidentally sliced his own hand off with a circular saw to show kids an example of industrial accidents?

But it's not like those things have always been absent in toku. And even then it was never anything severely brutal, or at least not something that would render an R rating.

Banned
Wizard's problem is the main character. Haruto Souma is using cheat codes throughout the entire show. He was a normal person, where does he learn to fight? He was just kidnapped one day, and now he knows how to do all this stunt **** and knows how to do stunts with his bike? I mean c'mon, look at him. He's so damn skinny. It isn't even explained as to how he knew how to fight.

Also, it seems that every time something happens, most of the people we've seen so far have had some sort of connection to Haruto or people he knows. I don't get why the Phantoms would choose people that just coincidentally happen to know each other one way or another, I thought Japan was a much bigger country. Why does every guest actor need to have a role, why can't we have a load of civilians looking terrified and just running away, why can't we have extremely random things, not just have a new Phantom jump up and be like "Yo, I'm ready to make people fall into despair, sign me up.", then bam next thing you know Wizard pops up, saves the day, the bad guys go home and have their "next time we'll get him" speech.

Sorry, but that's too simple. It's too much like an American cartoon show where its a never ending "we'll get you next time!" kinda deal.

They have so much Phantoms already, I think coming together and causing mayhem would make people lose hope better than acting around like idiots.

He took lessons as a kid. He just picks stuff up as he goes. The powers made him a good fighter. This is toku. This is not tell you everything at all times. I mean if this is the kind of problem you have with Wizard, I am surprised you could make it through 95% of ALL rider series.

What do you mean a connection? I mean that just sounds like a really bad nitpick to me. There has been civilians, as you call them, running away. But you miss the main point of this show it seems. The Phantoms target specific people. They target them to turn CERTAIN people into phantoms because they are gates. I mean do you watch the show? Do you watch it subbed if you do watch it? Rider series are not about randomness. They are about the bad guys doing things for set and specific reasons. I mean are you new to Rider series? It's hard to tell if you are or not. You just described what ALL toku pretty much is.

That is what toku is. A kids show. It's about the bad guys being all "drat we lost today but we will win tomorrow". This happens in sentai, KR, some UM. I mean I am not even sure what you think is wrong with the show anymore.

Lol, if we start questioning how Haruto can fight being so skinny let's start asking why there are trains that travel through time.

shinkenchange!starninger!
i love wizard, it's alot of fun, one thing that's depressing me is that i cant afford the gear overall it's really good and enjoyable.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
On the subject of Haruto, a couple of people I know have commented that he doesn't feel sincere to them, which I think is interesting. (One of them loves Tsukasa and said that HE feels more like a hero who genuinely wants to save people than does Haruto ... that made me boggle ...)

Banned
On the subject of Haruto, a couple of people I know have commented that he doesn't feel sincere to them, which I think is interesting. (One of them loves Tsukasa and said that HE feels more like a hero who genuinely wants to save people than does Haruto ... that made me boggle ...)

:redface2::redface2::sly::sly::shakefist

Lurker
And Sentai heroines aren't relevant? They're the ones who actually do the fighting. So what if she is the new boss? Didn't Shiori have some authority over Kenzaki in Blade? Ozawa over Hikawa in Agito? Neither of them behaved like Akiko. I don't see what the big difference here is other than she doesn't wear a costume.

For the most part, Pink and Yellow Rangers are not where near as relevant as Akiko.

I can't comment about Agito (I haven't seen it), but Shiori's role in Blade was mostly read what the Undead tracker said near the end of the episode so that Kenzaki could take it out, so yeah, Akiko is way more relevant than her too

The thing I see about Tsukasa is that, since he lost his memories except for the knowledge that he was from another reality, he really had no reason to to try to protect Natsumi's world, he did it simply because it was the right thing to do.

Also, the fact that he was suppose to destroy the AR Rider to put and end to their story but decided to help them finish whatever problem they were having instead.

Is he more than a hero than Haruto? Can't really say, specially after the first Dragon Style episode.

For the most part, Pink and Yellow Rangers are not where near as relevant as Akiko.

I said Sentai heroines as a whole, not just Pinks and Yellows (not that it should matter in the long run). What you're saying doesn't make sense. They're the superheroes. Even if we ignore the cartooniness of recent heroines, how does what they do pale in comparison to whatever Akiko did? What is so relevant about her that we should forgive her childishness?