Watched the first episodes of Absolute Duo and Kantai Collection. KC Seems enjoyable, but i'm confused as to why the girls are battleships? and well...how? lol

There is never really an official explanation of the girls origin so far as I know. The intro of the anime only said about them as girls who have the spirits of past battleships. Since in the game you can construct them using materials, maybe they are battleships in the shape of girls.

I've checked out a couple of shows' first episodes so far:

First up, Assassination Classroom, and as promised it's a really bizarre premise for a TV show but it's actually quite a fun contrast of "we must kill this destructive superbeing and claim our 10 billion yen reward!" and "lol our teacher is unusual but we actually learn a lot from him". What other school-based show features a smiley-faced octopoid creature that can move at mach 20 (beat that Kamen Rider!) and tells off a kid for not thinking about their own safety when they attempt to kill it with a suicide bomb? :eyebrow:

I've spoken about this show a lot already in this thread so I'll try not to gush too much, but Death Parade was awesome (and certainly not Yaoi :laugh:). A newly married couple enter a bar but have no recollection of how they got there. The barman explains that they must play a randomly chosen game (darts this time) with their lives at stake and may not leave until the game has been completed. Over the course of the game their memories slowly return, secrets about each other are revealed and their relationship is turned on its' head several times over. It is these revelations, and not the actual outcome of the game, that determines what happens with their lives. I just hope the writing is this tight every episode *crosses fingers*

D

Dr Kain

Where'd you hear that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but it'd be one hell of a change to turn "two people are forced to play a suspenseful (and at times violent) game in which the winner goes to heaven and the loser is damned to hell" into a boys love show. :sly: The trailer seemed like it was more of the same too. :disappoin

My g/f and another friend who have looked into the series. My g/f loves Yaoi series, so she would definitely be the expert on that area.

Lurker
So watch it with your G/F then instead of judging it before even watching it.
Watched Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus without seeing the prequel to any of it, found it a bit interesting. The aliens look like they're from Aquarion, story is typical, and the animation is similar to Majestic Prince, which, I disliked very much, human wise anyways.

wish there were more mecha animes this season...kinda dull otherwise, but at least Cross ange and Aldnoah Zero are good.

D

Dr Kain

So watch it with your G/F then instead of judging it before even watching it.

No no, it was on her list of this season's yaoi shows.

So is Cross Angel more than just fanservice? I noticed it looks like Gundam SEED, but there seems to be boob pictures in every image I see.

Lurker
I have no idea what that means...
better summary - it's about 70-30% story - lately, it's progressed more than the first half of the series, but the new Opening sucks.

The new Tendou Souji
Don't know what what means? The blog posts seem easy enough to understand. :sly:
Unless it's the "Tl;dr"? It stands for "Too long; didn't read", used to quickly summarize your above points.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
I was just trying to be silly with how I typed "Nope."
(Edited my post to cover that); Tl;dr: I already explained above that.

Anyways, why are we focusing on that, when we should be discussing how we feel about those blog posts? :laugh:

Last edited: