[Anime] WINTER Anime Season 2015

Captain Shark

An ocean of depression and misery
The only one remotely interesting is the new Fafner sequel although I will see the new Witch Craft Works special eventually.

Toku Prime

Whaaat?! But we're not even halfway through this season! I'm not really thinking about next year yet. Ah well, lets have a look at the summaries...

Obvious one out of the way, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders is back and I'll be continuing that.

In 2013 an awesome one-shot called Death Billiards was made for the Anime Mirai competition (it's available on youtube with subs - you should check it out if you haven't yet seen it). Now it's getting a full series under the name Death Parade so I've gotta see that.

Assassination Classroom seems to be getting a lot of buzz already and looks quite kooky, so I'll probably check out an episode or two to see what it's like.

Kantai Collection: Kan Colle - it reminds me of the anime 'Arpeggio of Blue Steel' that aired in late 2013 and I quite liked as a concept, so I'll give it a go even though I know nothing about the game it's based on.

Yoru no Yatterman - One of those franchises I've heard name dropped many times yet never got around to checking out. Why not jump in on the latest version?

Doamaiger D - It sounds like a silly mecha parody, and it's likely only going to have 5 minute long episodes. It might be worth looking at if anyone picks it up.

Last edited:

Toku Prime

Shameless bump now that this season is actually here and crunchyroll et all are announcing what they've picked up for streaming.

Dr Kain

I still need to finish season 1 of Aldanoah Zero before I watch S2.

As for new stuff, the only one that looks interesting is Death Parade. However, I need to find out if it is based on a manga because if so, I'll pass until I read the manga. And even then, it depends on how the reviews go as if they go into filler, forget it.

Toku Prime

As for new stuff, the only one that looks interesting is Death Parade. However, I need to find out if it is based on a manga because if so, I'll pass until I read the manga.
No, it's based on an original stand-alone episode called Death Billiards which was created for a government-sponsored competition called Anime Mirai back in 2013. It was so well-received that Madhouse decided to turn it into a full series. Death Billiards is available with English subs on youtube, so check it out if you want to know if the full series will be your kind of thing. :anime:

Dr Kain

No, it's based on an original stand-alone episode called Death Billiards which was created for a government-sponsored competition called Anime Mirai back in 2013. It was so well-received that Madhouse decided to turn it into a full series. Death Billiards is available with English subs on youtube, so check it out if you want to know if the full series will be your kind of thing. :anime:
Nevermind, it is a Yaoi series.

Toku Prime

Nevermind, it is a Yaoi series.
Where'd you hear that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but it'd be one hell of a change to turn "two people are forced to play a suspenseful (and at times violent) game in which the winner goes to heaven and the loser is damned to hell" into a boys love show. :sly: The trailer seemed like it was more of the same too. :disappoin

Last edited:
Watched the first episodes of Absolute Duo and Kantai Collection. KC Seems enjoyable, but i'm confused as to why the girls are battleships? and well...how? lol
AD seems alright, but it didn't do much in the 1st episode besides the battle royal entrance exam...but I'll keep watching, the VA for Tabane in IS is the same one as the teacher in AD...which looks similar to the character too.

Watched the first episodes of Absolute Duo and Kantai Collection. KC Seems enjoyable, but i'm confused as to why the girls are battleships? and well...how? lol
There is never really an official explanation of the girls origin so far as I know. The intro of the anime only said about them as girls who have the spirits of past battleships. Since in the game you can construct them using materials, maybe they are battleships in the shape of girls.

Toku Prime

I've checked out a couple of shows' first episodes so far:

First up, Assassination Classroom, and as promised it's a really bizarre premise for a TV show but it's actually quite a fun contrast of "we must kill this destructive superbeing and claim our 10 billion yen reward!" and "lol our teacher is unusual but we actually learn a lot from him". What other school-based show features a smiley-faced octopoid creature that can move at mach 20 (beat that Kamen Rider!) and tells off a kid for not thinking about their own safety when they attempt to kill it with a suicide bomb? :eyebrow:

I've spoken about this show a lot already in this thread so I'll try not to gush too much, but Death Parade was awesome (and certainly not Yaoi :laugh:). A newly married couple enter a bar but have no recollection of how they got there. The barman explains that they must play a randomly chosen game (darts this time) with their lives at stake and may not leave until the game has been completed. Over the course of the game their memories slowly return, secrets about each other are revealed and their relationship is turned on its' head several times over. It is these revelations, and not the actual outcome of the game, that determines what happens with their lives. I just hope the writing is this tight every episode *crosses fingers*

Dr Kain

Where'd you hear that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but it'd be one hell of a change to turn "two people are forced to play a suspenseful (and at times violent) game in which the winner goes to heaven and the loser is damned to hell" into a boys love show. :sly: The trailer seemed like it was more of the same too. :disappoin
My g/f and another friend who have looked into the series. My g/f loves Yaoi series, so she would definitely be the expert on that area.

So watch it with your G/F then instead of judging it before even watching it.
Watched Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus without seeing the prequel to any of it, found it a bit interesting. The aliens look like they're from Aquarion, story is typical, and the animation is similar to Majestic Prince, which, I disliked very much, human wise anyways.

wish there were more mecha animes this season...kinda dull otherwise, but at least Cross ange and Aldnoah Zero are good.

Dr Kain

So watch it with your G/F then instead of judging it before even watching it.
No no, it was on her list of this season's yaoi shows.

So is Cross Angel more than just fanservice? I noticed it looks like Gundam SEED, but there seems to be boob pictures in every image I see.

I have no idea what that means...
better summary - it's about 70-30% story - lately, it's progressed more than the first half of the series, but the new Opening sucks.

Painted_Outlaw

The new Tendou Souji
Don't know what what means? The blog posts seem easy enough to understand. :sly:
Unless it's the "Tl;dr"? It stands for "Too long; didn't read", used to quickly summarize your above points.

Last edited:

Painted_Outlaw

The new Tendou Souji
I was just trying to be silly with how I typed "Nope."
(Edited my post to cover that); Tl;dr: I already explained above that.

Anyways, why are we focusing on that, when we should be discussing how we feel about those blog posts? :laugh:

Last edited:
Mastodon