Willow – Reimagination of 1988 film coming to Disney Plus

Awkward Correspondent
Willow is the other franchise from Lucas films aside from Star Wars. It was not as popular as Star Wars, but it made $137.6 million from a small budget of $35 Million. This Underrated movie has a strong cult following that always longed for a sequel that never came.
After Disney purchased Lucas Films, The ownership of Willow became a part of it as well. Now Willow will be introduced to a new generation of fans. Disney reimagined Willow as an 8 episode TV series.
It will be the remake and sequel to the original 1988 movie. It will be more expensive than the original because each episode will have the quality of a film, just like the Mandalorian.
Willow Official Trailer

Queen Bavmorda received a prophecy that a one-of-a-kind girl peculiar rune birthmark would cause her downfall. The evil Queen decided to get all pregnant women in her Kingdom to be captured to stop the prophecy. That infant was...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hollywood is more inclusive now! It is so cool to see a little person getting a lead role that is not a comedic caricature.

So Stoke! Always been a fan and this property is so ahead of its time. It deserves the current audience!
Willow was so forward-thinking. Even now, the original film looks fantastic. In terms of production, amazing characters, great score, and beautiful tale, this film is epic in size. Watching this new trailer almost made me cry. Willow was an important part of our childhood, and this looks incredible!

Is this a series? I was expecting them to make a movie, but wow! We're becoming spoiled, because this looks fantastic! I'm ecstatic!This series has sparked my curiosity more than the Lord of the Rings series, and based on the trailer, it appears to be even more entertaining than anticipated.

Please don't base the story on the sequel books and I am crossing my fingers and toes. Because if they are, the opening scene entails the death of the majority of the cast.

Serving Lewks
Disappointed! I thought when the title says Willow, its going to be a Buffy Spin off and I love the character Willow. This is not the Willow I know.