Will Smith won an Oscar but its not the Reason why people are talking about him

Sentai collector
The academy now stated that they have launched an investigation and will explore further actions. It's amazing how Chris Rock maintained his composure and proceeded, even making joke of himself being slapped. Maybe the show wouldn't go on if he had hit back.

No Need for investigation. Chris Rock has been targeting Jade with his roast every opportunity he had. Will should have confronted him in the backstage instead though.

Will loves Jada, and he still defends her even if she has cheated on him before. She is very public about her entanglements, and Chris Rock's previous jokes are about it.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
This is bigger than just the two of them apologizing to each other.

This night was not a “Will Smith ONLY Night”. This night was a night that was supposed to be the high point in the careers of many people in the entertainment industry and all everybody was talking about was … Will Smith SLAPPED Chris Rock.

Then they awarded Will Smith an Oscar.

THE AWARD SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY!!

There is no debating this, Personally, I didn't think Chris Rock's joke was really all that offensive. But I think Will Smith's reaction and what he did … OFFENDED EVERY INDIVIDUAL WHO WAS NOMINATED AND/OR WHO RECEIVED AN ACADEMY AWARD THAT NIGHT.

I just realized Jada and Chris Rock starred on a movie together before. They were both in Madagascar. So maybe that's why Chris Rock was confident to roast her because they had been colleagues in a successful film franchise.

Sentai collector
Will Smith just quit his membership from the Academy but wont give up his awards.
He got a 10 year ban but the award is his the academy said. He won't be able to attend events in person or virtually during this period.