Will Kamen Rider Gaim episode is the beginning of Darker and Edgier?

Gen Urobuchi, the head writer of Gaim saids that Gaim will become darker and edgier somewhere in episode 12 or something. He says that first episode will be lighter and softer like typically Kamen Riser show like W but will become darker and edgier in middle or second half.

I think he trying to give a rider lesson like "Growing up and have to take responsible" you know Spider-Man. "It great power come great responsibly" or something like that

I liked him when he wasn't a god
What exactly did he say? All I remember is something about how he said he would make kids hate orange juice ...

What exactly did he say? All I remember is something about how he said he would make kids hate orange juice ...

Yeah I don't remember it either.

If he did, at least, he probably would't use something that would translate to "edgier". That's an adjective used only either by the kids who are desperately trying to look cool to describe themselves, or those who're trying to insult those kids.

Yeah, I don't recall him ever saying that, and like kuroihikari said, if he did he wouldn't use (the equivalent word to) 'edgier' as he is not a pretentious thirteen year old boy.

I think someone on the production team remarked that it'd seem like a typical Kamen Rider series and then start changing later on? But that says nothing about the tone - 'changing' could mean that Kouta exchanges his armour for a satsuma-themed magical girl costume and becomes Sailor Orange.

Aronbafon
It was from an event Urobuchi was part of earlier this year.

[HIDE]>Urobuchi immediately starts talking about Gaim. He's talking about how the starting point of Kamen Rider is being aimed at. He says there are things he wants to talk about, but can't, so maybe next year.
>He wants to show growth concerning Gaim. There'll be something happening once episode 14 is hit.
>lol Urobuchi... no way
>Gen Urobuchi: "By new years, the children might lose their desire to drink any orange juice..."
>So he's guilty of it in Gaim too, huh...[/HIDE]

Lurker
Giant Orange eats Kouta's head, instead of causing a tranformation this time?

It literally turns Kouta's head into puree.

How's your orange juice now, vile kids?

D

Dr Kain

It's a kids show in 2014, I doubt it will get THAT dark.

Lurker
Yeah, I mean, the mass sacrifices and serial killer in the PREVIOUS kid's show wasn't all that dark.