Wild Arms / Shadow Hearts Revival Project Rakes In Over 2 1/2 Million

Staff member
Earlier this year Matsuzo Machida and Akifumi Kaneko, the men behind the classic JRPG series Wild Arms and Shadow Hearts, announced a joint project to revive both games at the same time, albeit unofficially. Machida was planning out Armed Fantasia: To the End of the Wilderness, a spiritual successor to his Wild West JRPG series Wild Arms, while Kaneko was making Penny Blood, based on his PS2 trilogy Shadow Hearts.
It became clear a Kickstarter would be needed to partially fund the projects and gauge interest. Then they thought, “why not team up for double the attention?” Thus begat the Armed Fantasia / Penny Blood Grand Crowdfunding Campaign Of ’22. The Kickstarter launched itself late last August with a goal of hitting $750,000 by September 30.
Today is September 30, so we can properly judge if the campaign was a success. They didn’t earn $750,000….they earned WAAAAY more...

Continue reading...

Start a fire
They better deliver because they do not want to pissed off the people who donated their hard earned money because those people believed in them.

There was a guy who made 100 K from crowd funding, All he wanted to ask is to make mashed potatoes and people find the campaign funny, they donated a lot. Wild Arms / Shadow Hearts fans are really passionate for this project.

Samus
After such a long period of time, two of my favorite role-playing games (RPGs) are currently in the process of developing spiritual successors. Since we were being completely honest, our assumption was that they had been dead forever. Both Wild Arms and Shadow Hearts putss my imagination in places that were delightfully distinctive; I'm excited to see if they can reproduce that spirit with new characters, plot, and gameplay elements.

Ariel's Bestfriend
I really hope that somebody will give me a donation of that much money. Congratulations to all of those who play or follow this game. This brings to mind the achievements that Veronica Mars supporters have accomplished. They decided to give the drama a fitting conclusion by crowd-funding a movie.

Imagine how upset fans will be if this ends up like Mighty Number 9. A Successfully crowd funded game that ends up upsetting the people who donated their hard earned cash.

I'm a huge fan of Shadow Hearts! I absolutely enjoy Wild Arms as well, so finding out about this double Kickstarter really made my day! I'm incredibly excited that thought struck me.

Live free
Despite the fact that it is not a flawless platform, but Kickstarter has resulted in some of the most intriguing and forward-thinking releases in recent years.I really hope that the developers are able to make the most of this chance and build what they have always dreamed of. Penny Blood is the video game that I am looking forward to playing the most. My personal top 10 list of all-time favorite video games includes both Shadow Hearts I and II, and I have high hopes that Penny Blood will be on that list as well.