Wild Arms And Shadow Hearts Creators Teaming Up For Unofficial Revival

Staff member
Though the Playstation 2 generation didn’t produce as many JRPG hits as the Playstation 1 generation did, two series managed to stand out: the Western-flavored Wild Arms (which started on PS1 but continued on PS2) and the gothic Shadow Hearts trilogy (which was entirely contained to PS2). It’s been a long time since then, but once we received word the creators of both series were looking to team up for a set of revival games, they had our immediate attention.
A crowdfunding campaign is about to launch for the project. These games will not be Wild Arms and Shadow Hearts officially — they don’t have the rights. It’s going to be the same deal as Iga creating Bloodstained or Playtonic creating Yooka-Laylee — a copyright safe lookalike that allows the original creators to do what they loved again. But the games — Armed Fantasia: To the End of the Wilderness and Penny Blood — will play like...

Continue reading...

Well they don't have the rights anymore, so spiritual success is the only way they can do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish Sony would fund lower budget games like WILD ARMS and Shadow Arms again in between their triple-AAA budget games. It would be nice.

Somebody
Even though I am as broke as a rat, I might back this Kickstarter project because it's the first one I've heard of. Having spiritual successors to two different classic RPG series gives the impression that the game is too good to be true.