A Dancing Machine
To tell you guys the truth I LOVED RPM to death when it come out since there was Kamen Rider Dragon Knight out as well and we kinda had an American Superhero Time over here in 2009. Everything about the show was different and like when people try to make something out of franchises I already love. Even though it changed when the original executive producer got fired, I still liked how the show tried to stay true itself and made me happy along the way. So if you haven't watched it yet, just give it a try.

Also, I liked how most of the cast are branching out and trying to find work since 7 of the 9 actors (minus Dillon and Gemma) moved to Hollywood. So I am looking forward to seeing more of them in more American shows and movies, especially the actress of Tenya 7 in the next season of Teen Wolf :)

Last edited:
I will give RPM this, the countless excuses the fandom at large has made as for why it bombed have been pretty amusing.

I mean, here we are 4 years later, and people are STILL coming up with new ones. It's amazing.

RPM is a very good season of Power Rangers, especially the first half. Call the post-apocalyptic world overdone all you want, but it is what brings excitement and flavor to this season. The world building of the post-apocalyptic setting was well executed. RPM is one of the most well-acted seasons of Power Rangers, with Ziggy's actor doing the best job IMO in his comedic role. There's plenty of interesting characters such as Dillon, Ziggy, Flynn, and especially Dr. K. A lot of people didn't like the character focus episodes early on but I thought they brought a lot of depth to the characters and gave them lives before the apocalypse. The story presented made the viewer want to know what their lives were like before the world was blown into shambles. Plus the jokes they make in this series are actually funny in comparison to the lame

The second half, however, lost a little bit of steam IMO. When they changed writers, Judd Lynn just played it a little too safe. The Dillion/Tenaya story took a direction which was ripped off the Andros/Astronema story. This still would have been fine if it had Eddie Guzelian's original ending of Dillon being the last body for Venjix, but the way the story played out felt a little too laissez fair. RPM's music also wasn't that good, especially the background music imo. Despite this, the second half still presented some good things such as the Ziggy/Dr. K romance and the defeat of Venjix was pretty cool.

The post-apocalyptic theme is WAY the hell over done.

Aren't cop shows, military themes, ninja themes, high school themes, time travel, etc. also overdone?

Hell, the franchise has used the high school theme on three separate occasions.

I will give RPM this, the countless excuses the fandom at large has made as for why it bombed have been pretty amusing.

I mean, here we are 4 years later, and people are STILL coming up with new ones. It's amazing.

How exactly is a show that most of the country doesn't air, with most of the parts that do airing it at 5:00 AM, supposed to perform?

Honestly, that's mainly the only "excuse" I've seen people give for why it "bombed"

Ryatta
Thanks Everyone

Morning All.. for me at least :)

Just wanted to say a proper thank you for everyone who's watched my video.. it's just a few views short of 1000, which is a big deal for me and it's mostly all positive feedback so far (audio balancing and stretching to widescreen aside)

Special thanks to Keith Justice for adding it to the homepage which i'm sure made quite the difference. Anyway saying thanks by text didn't seem good enough so I also did it in my weekly mini podcast.

If you wan't to listen it's below (and right at the start so you don't have to worry about the rest of it..but the topic this week is Kyoryuger so you might)

Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger and Thank You Henshin Justice - Fresh Perspective Episode #7

Thanks for all the love, feedback and crit! It's all helpful.. I'll be aiming to do another series in the future.

Last edited: