Final Fantasy is suppose to be whimsical and fantastical like a fairy tale. 13,15 and now 16 have serious edgelords as protagonists. The game is also getting darker as sequels gone by. The latest game reminds me too much of Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma and God Of War. It is too serious and very Americanized. It doesn't have an Anime feel. We better have some comedic characters as party members because this game is too serious. Cloud is a serious edgelord too but he was given moments that makes him human and funny. It doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game at all.

I hope they make some last minute changes that will make me want to buy this game. People are hostile of this game's trailer for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they did this to have a distinction from Final Fantasy VII remake. That game is futuristic while this game is in the ancient times so it will be 2 different experiences and the 2 games will not compete against each other. VII remake is very anime while this one is too western so it will not be similar. It is a smart marketing campaign! So the 2 games will not compete against each other.

This game competes more with assassin's creed Valhalla. If the game is futuristic like VII remake it will cost an over saturation on the market.

Are you sure this game is Medieval? it might go to a Steampunk and have some technology at certain point.

It does have a dark medieval aesthetic at this moment but subjects can change anytime soon. The game is still in development.

That is just a prelaunch look. It doesn't mean that the game will have that in the end as a finished product.
Final Fantasy is supposed to be whimsical and fantastical like a fairy tale. 13,15 and now 16 have serious edgelords as protagonists. The game is also getting darker as sequels have gone by. The latest game reminds me too much of Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, and God Of War. It is too serious and very Americanized. It doesn't have an Anime feel. We better have some comedic characters as party members because this game is too serious. Cloud is a serious edgelord too but he was given moments that make him human and funny. It doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game at all.

I hope they make some last-minute changes that will make me want to buy this game. People are hostile to this game's trailer for a reason.