Why would anyone think an obviously happy ending is somehow a bad thing? I've seen people complain about how Squall lives and gets the girl, and his pals are all good as well. In fact, I felt the finale was excellent. It performed a fantastic job of wrapping up the plot, far better than the rest of the series.

I remember a different ending from You. The ending I remember is that Squall died then everything is just a movie and we see the behind the scenes moments. Then Squall is Alive and he danced with Rinoa. They are implying that it is just a movie. They are all actors.

Administrator
Staff member
My only complain is that I don't know what is going on with that ending. So did most fans and it leads to multiple theories from Squall being dead or Rinoa being Ultimecia. It is a mess of an ending that caused fan conspiracies.

I already like the ending of Squall dying because it gave more impact to the story. Him being alive in the end ruined it for me. I know they did it for happy ending but it doesn't even work as happy ending as one person said here, they don't understands what is going on. Why everything is just a movie?

I loved the ending, It is the reason why Eyes on Me will be playing on my wedding day and on my funeral.

I disagree since Final Fantasy VIII has to be the only Final Fantasy game with a definitive conclusion.
We can see what happened to everyone.
Every character, every encounter, felt like it had a great ending.
Even small characters are given opportunities to shine.

The best video game finale of all time. I really like how it all comes together, especially if you consider the in-game conclusion shortly before and after the last battle. What happened to Seifer and Laguna, Raine, and the rest of SeeD? In the end, Selphie, Quistis, Irvine, Edea, Cid, and Zell emerged victorious. It's nothing short of a masterpiece. Not to mention if you wait for the kiss after the credits to wrap everything up. This game is one of my favorites. What a brilliant ending. I don't know what are complaining about!

The Squall is death has been debunked multiple times but people kept bringing it up. He is not dead, That's why we have the happy ending we got and Squall and Rinoa danced together.