Senshi no Hikari
this is my fave genre by far
form Mazinger to Grendizer

Sunrise could make a super robot show but thay have not done so since 98
Gao Gai Gar Gundam is Real Robot

not counting reboots there as not been a Super Robot for 8 Years

Why is this

Sunrise could make a super robot show but thay have not done so since 98 Gao Gai Gar

GaoGaiGar aired in 1997.

Sunrise had some SR shows after GGG:
- Z-Mind (1999)
- The Big O (1999)
- Dendoh (2000)
- Machine Robo Rescue (2003)

I mean look at GaoGaiGar they had started to dub the show then just said heck with it and just subbed the rest of the show.

Was that due to low DVD sales or because they were so drained after all that work on the Voltron box set?

• RahXephon
  • Gravion
  • Godannar
  • Machine Rescue Robo
  • Top wo Nerae 2! Diebuster
  • Gravion Zwei
  • Panda-Z
  • Genesis of Aquarion
  • Gaiking: The Legend of Daiku-Maryu
  • Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Animation
  • Demonbane
  • Zegapain
  • Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars
  • Heroic Age
  • Jūsō Kikō Dancougar Nova
  • Kotetsushin Jeeg
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Bokurano

In Justice, We Trust!
Was that due to low DVD sales or because they were so drained after all that work on the Voltron box set?

• RahXephon
  • Gravion
  • Godannar
  • Machine Rescue Robo
  • Top wo Nerae 2! Diebuster
  • Gravion Zwei
  • Panda-Z
  • Genesis of Aquarion
  • Gaiking: The Legend of Daiku-Maryu
  • Demonbane
  • Zegapain
  • Heroic Age
  • Kotetsushin Jeeg
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Bokurano

this is my fave genre by far
form Mazinger to Grendizer

Sunrise could make a super robot show but thay have not done so since 98
Gao Gai Gar Gundam is Real Robot

Why is this

You REALLY need to start doing your research man....

And GaoGaiGar a real robot...? Really? :sly::sly:

I think he was trying to say was "Sunrise could make a super robot show, but thay have not done so since 98's Gao Gai Gar. Gundam is Real Robot."

But still, yeah. That list omitted remakes, re-imaginings, and a few things I wasn't sure would count to his "no supers since '98" claim. Even with those left out...that's still a hefty amount of super robots.

Well the issue with Gao Gai Gar was both they were focusing on giving us a perfect voltron dvd release & the series wasn't selling like it should have.

Honestly though I had a hard time finding Gao Gai Gar when it was being released to dvd.

Senshi no Hikari
You REALLY need to start doing your research man....

And GaoGaiGar a real robot...? Really? :sly::sly:

no all Yuusha franchise shows are Super robo in my eyes for the same reason Eva is not a real robot anime so i say GGG is a Super robo

if a mech can talk or has it own independent bonding procedure its a Super robot

Senshi no Hikari

• RahXephon
    need to watch
  • Gravion
    ok
  • Godannar
  • Machine Rescue Robo
  • Top wo Nerae 2! Diebuster [continuation of a sires]
  • Gravion Zwei
  • Panda-Z
    ha ha ha
  • Genesis of Aquarion
  • Gaiking: The Legend of Daiku-Maryu[[continuation]
  • Demonbane
  • Zegapain
    not so much a new thing just a collection of Older mechs
  • Heroic Age
  • Kotetsushin Jeeg{re boot]
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann{real robo] Eva rip off]
  • Bokurano[ i never knew thay made an anime of Bokurano: Ours i give that a watch give that a watch

they worked on a Butchered super robo show i a huge Golion fan o]i dislike voltron and robotech

Okay, first off you said "other than remakes." That said nothing about about continuations/sequels. Panda-Z...yeah, it's a parody, but it's a parody of a super robot. The SRWs I'll go ahead and agree that they shouldn't really be on that list since they've got just as many reals as supers. Kotetsushin Jeeg's actually a sequel, not a reboot (I had to double check that one myself). And Gurren Lagann as a real robot show....the ****? How on earth can you consider a mech that ends up using GALAXIES as cover a real robot? And for that matter, how the hell is it an Eva ripoff? Can it even be considered a ripoff, since it was made by the same people?

Regardless of that, RahXephon's good...though you'll probably think it's an Eva ripoff as well.

Nice post!!
And for that matter, how the hell is it an Eva ripoff? Can it even be considered a ripoff, since it was made by the same people?

Same production studio is not the same people, necessarily. I don't think a single major member of the Evangelion production team worked on Gurren-Lagann. That was mostly the team that did Abenobashi and Top wo Nerae 2.

That said, describing Gurren-Lagann as an Evangelion knockoff is basically insane. It doesn't use any characters, concepts, motifs, plotlines, or even visual sequences that are remotely like Evangelion's.

Gurren-Lagann is not a ripoff of anything made after about 1979 or so. What G-L was about was updating the feel of the peak Super Robot shows of the 70s for a new audience, with more complex plots and more characters.

Regardless of that, RahXephon's good...though you'll probably think it's an Eva ripoff as well.

I have to side against you here, good sir. Rahxephon reuses numerous visual sequences, plots, motifs, and character concepts from Evangelion. Japanese fans even broadly consider it an Evangelion clone and, generally, Japanese fans are more indulgent of shows ripping off other shows.

It's very weird because when BONES did Rahxephon they explicitly considered it a remake of Brave Reideen. There are some concepts and characters in Rahxephon that are 1-to-1 correspondences with Reideen. The emphasis on singing is clearly a stylish update of the concepts behind Reideen's famous God Voice ability.

I can only presume that at the time BONES produced Rahxephon, someone on staff decided that the only way to update a property was to make it more like Evangelion. It's a shame, though, all of the parts of Rahxephon that went into Evangelion's territory are easily the worst. If it had stuck to its guns as a Reideen remake I think it could've been a much better show.

Last edited: