latest

Hello, Final Fantasy Fans!

When you've already played a number of Final Fantasy games, you'll notice that there is always a "Cid" in the game. They are mostly engineers or someone who invents something to aid the main character and his/her party. Even the latest Final Fantasy XV has two "Cids" instead of one. One is the main Cid and the other is Cidney or Cindy.

Why do you think they all have Cid in their names? Are they like the Chocobos and Moogles of the Final Fantasy universe?

Administrator
Staff member
Cids are staple of Final Fantasy games. A Cid even appeared on Spirits Within!

The question though is are all the Cids the same person but in different dimensions. Or is he a multidimensional travelling immortal entity who traveled different realms.

Cids are staple of Final Fantasy games. A Cid even appeared on Spirits Within!

The question though is are all the Cids the same person but in different dimensions. Or is he a multidimensional travelling immortal entity who traveled different realms.
Wow, I didn't notice a Cid in that movie. Maybe because I didn't use subtitles when I watched it before.

Maybe Cids are made to be like guardian angels to support the main characters. :D

Administrator
Staff member
If you think about it, Sheva appeared in almost every single game. Sometimes as a Boss, Sometimes as a Summon and 15 humanized her more than ever.

If you think about it, Sheva appeared in almost every single game. Sometimes as a Boss, Sometimes as a Summon and 15 humanized her more than ever.
Yup. These summons are also recurring characters. They seem to appear on all of the games but in different forms. I hope we see a Cid as an enemy boss too! :D

You do see Cid in a lot of Final Fanatsy games- also in films and anime as well. The character of Cid is always very wise and intelligent- and a lot of the time, the Cid characters are portrayed as engineers or inventors. Also Cid is usually older than the main cast as well.
Cid-2.jpg

You do see Cid in a lot of Final Fanatsy games- also in films and anime as well. The character of Cid is always very wise and intelligent- and a lot of the time, the Cid characters are portrayed as engineers or inventors. Also Cid is usually older than the main cast as well.
View attachment 345

Now that you've mentioned it, I now notice that the Cids are all older than the main characters. Their role would be the wise old guy that aids the main characters.

Can you recommend these Final Fantasy related animes? I haven't watched those yet. :)

I believe he is like the "Q" to every James Bond movie. He's like one of the legacies of Final Fantasy same with Chocobos, Wedge, Moogles, and Biggs.

Administrator
Staff member
He also appeared on the movie "Spirits Within" but I know most fans wants to forget the existence of that movie.

I want Cid to be a woman on the next sequel for a change. To show Cid comes in all shapes and sizes.